The Official 2024 NY Giants Thread | The Boneyard

The Official 2024 NY Giants Thread

Reaction Score
Free agency opens in 5 minutes. Not expecting a ton of big moves, but hopefully they bring in a few OL with the money they do spend

Reaction Score
Looks like it will be costly but gotta sign a reliable Guard

Reaction Score
McKinney is gone as well. $17M a year was definitely too rich for the Giants so not surprised. Was hoping they'd get him back though

Reaction Score
McKinney is gone as well. $17M a year was definitely too rich for the Giants so not surprised. Was hoping they'd get him back though
Def wanted him back, saw hes getting $25 mill in year one. Crazy

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Just saw this and I thought it was pretty funny.

Looks like Jones had a few cups from the "green" carafe. Does he see ghosts too when reading defenses like Zach Wilson?

Husky25

Reaction Score
That's my realistic want as well. Haven't let myself get sucked into the pipe dreams of a trade up for Maye at 3 or MHJ dropping to 6 yet

Looks like Daniels to Washington at #2 and Maye to New England at #3, though I wouldn't mind if they were flip-flopped.

Hope for the Giants? Schoen is smarter than Gettleman and the chances are slim, but maybe he wastes their 1st round pick, similar to 2018.

Reaction Score
That's my realistic want as well. Haven't let myself get sucked into the pipe dreams of a trade up for Maye at 3 or MHJ dropping to 6 yet
I do think Arizona moves back with Minny coming to get JJ. If Harbaugh has his way, I could see them passing on Harrison to take a tackle.

Pats have made horrendous choices in the draft and FA for years so maybe they continue course and pass on Maye.

Reaction Score
Great pick well the only pick really. Do you just ditch the qb in this draft?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Great pick well the only pick really. Do you just ditch the qb in this draft?

Yep, was really hoping it’d be Nabers and not McCarthy. (Wanted Daniels or Harrison but was excited for Nabers too.) They can pick a developmental guy later. But I guess you run it back with Jones. At least he’ll have someone to throw to. Not like NYG are competing for the Lombardi Trophy this season anyway.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Yep, was really hoping it’d be Nabers and not McCarthy. (Wanted Daniels or Harrison but was excited for Nabers too.) They can pick a developmental guy later. But I guess you run it back with Jones. At least he’ll have someone to throw to. Not like NYG are competing for the Lombardi Trophy this season anyway.

Belichick ran the Patriots war room for 20+ years, and pretty much unilaterally, after Scott Pioli went to Kansas City. He's no longer there there. The Patriots' front office braintrust is nearly completely different. Counting on the Patriots to blow it this year is like betting on black when solely because the last 8 balls landed on red.

Drake Maye seemed tied to Caleb Williams as the 1st 2 QBs off the board since November, so naturally I talked myself into him even though his predecessor at UNC was the then current WSH QB. I didn't know much about Jayden Daniels as a legit top 2 prospect until I listened to Logan Paulsen after the Senior Bowl, an event in which Daniels didn't participate. He was just watching film in prep for the Combine and Draft, 3 months later. After the pick, WSH GM Adam Peters apparently insinuated that Maye was rated as the 4th QB, when all was said and done, behind JJ McCarthy. With a new non-toxic owner, presumably competent front office, and new on-field leadership, there is a lot of excitement in the DMV.

I like Maye to New England, but also would not have minded McCarthy there. OTOH, I felt that #3 was a little too rich for JJM. The Vikings did well in not selling the farm to get JJM at 10. At the same time, JJM dodged a projectile in not ending up on the Jets, who I believe stepped in it yet again.

As a fan of Giants' rivals, I am disappointed that Schoen made a really good pick. OTOH, I do not believe that Daniel Jones will be on the roster in 2025 and even if the Giants select a QB in this draft, I don't think the Week 1 2025 starter will be on the roster. Jones is only there now because of his contract and the remaining QBs do not inspire confidence.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom