The Official 2024 New York Yankees Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Official 2024 New York Yankees Thread

Reaction Score
Hey, a solid Yankees trade!

Yankees acquire utility player Jon Berti in a three-team trade from the Marlins for minor-leaguer John Cruz (ranked as their 28th best prospect on MLB.com). Catcher Ben Rortvedt is going to the Rays.

Played 15+ games last season at SS (64 games), 3B (41 games) and LF and 2B.

A high-contact hitter (77 Ks and 29 BBs in 424 PAs) and good speed.

Berti makes 3.6M this season and has arbitration rights next season.

Fills the "Isaiah Kiner-Falefa" role as a guy who can play pretty much anywhere in the field.

Hopefully trending up as it looks with last years .294/.344 his best season by far. Could be a nice addition.

Reaction Score
Another quietly solid move by the Yankees:

Yankees acquire RHP JT Brubaker and 550k in international pool money for a "player to be named later".

Basically a salary dump with potential for upside as Brubaker is currently rehabbing from Tommy John and won't return until about July, making 2.3M this year and arbitration eligible next year.

More on Brubaker and his better-than-it-seems peripheral numbers.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Another quietly solid move by the Yankees:

Yankees acquire RHP JT Brubaker and 550k in international pool money for a "player to be named later".

Basically a salary dump with potential for upside as Brubaker is currently rehabbing from Tommy John and won't return until about July, making 2.3M this year and arbitration eligible next year.

More on Brubaker and his better-than-it-seems peripheral numbers.

Brubaker will be useful, but don't think of him as more than a #5 with #4 upside. I was initially surprised Bucs would let him go, but looking at post-June, our rotation should look pretty damned good, barring more than one major injury. Keller, Skenes, Perez, Priester, Jones, will be the best rotation we've had in a decade. That the cheapo Bucs gave $550K in pool money would also suggest the PTBNL will be decent, not like when you were trying to foist Clint Frazier on us for the umpteenth time.

Btw, anyone notice this?
Screenshot 2024-03-31 22.02.57.jpg

Reaction Score
Yanks were trying to trade for Bieber during the spring training venue thank God that didn’t happen. Imagine 12 inning no runs 2 starts and out for the year? Too bad for the kid.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
My fave Sterling call..."Bernie goes BOOM!!"

Reaction Score
Still working my way into baseball mode, but the Yanks look much improved so far. While I don't expect Volpe to hit 350 for the season, he seems much more comfortable at the plate. Juan Soto has exceeded my expectations, both as a hitter and a teammate. Hope the pitching stays healthy and it could be an interesting season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom