the offical dickie V hate thread. | The Boneyard

the offical dickie V hate thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Huskieforlife

Lets share are hate here.

( fishy am expecting a good one out of you )

Reaction Score
I'm going to be in the minority here but I don't hate him at all. He loves everybody. Sure his schtick might get a little old and he definitely talks over the action some times but he's a positive presence in college basketball.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm going to be in the minority here but I don't hate him at all. He loves everybody. Sure his schtick might get a little old and he definitely talks over the action some times but he's a positive presence in college basketball.

I don't want to hear him every night but generally doesn't bother me either.

Reaction Score

Not only that, but he has done a lot for the game I love, is a motivational speaker, a philanthropist, and has helped raise a lot of money to help fight cancer. He is a very passionate man, and a class act all the way.

Reaction Score
agreed, I'd rather see a hate thread for someone that deserves it, like Digger Phelps...

Reaction Score
He may be a good person, but I can't stand to hear him on a game. He adds absolutely nothing of value to a broadcast. A color guy with that annoying of a voice needs to give some actual interesting commentary every once in a while and not just ridiculous hyperbole.

Reaction Score
He may be a good person, but I can't stand to hear him on a game. He adds absolutely nothing of value to a broadcast. A color guy with that annoying of a voice needs to give some actual interesting commentary every once in a while and not just ridiculous hyperbole.

I think it's his ultra-exuberant nature that makes him annoying. Also, he gives way too much false praise. But, he's a great human being regardless.

Reaction Score
I think it's his ultra-exuberant nature that makes him annoying. Also, he gives way too much false praise. But, he's a great human being regardless.

Agreed on all points. Not every game he announces is going to have someone who is one of the best in the country.

Reaction Score

That's the Dickie V persona though. He tried that straight commentary when he first started out - there are a million of those guys.

Reaction Score
That's the Dickie V persona though. He tried that straight commentary when he first started out - there are a million of those guys.

I understand that's the persona, I just dislike it. I also dislike Jim Rome, Skip Bayless, and Colin Cowherd because of their persona.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I understand that's the persona, I just dislike it. I also dislike Jim Rome, Skip Bayless, and Colin Cowherd because of their persona.

Difference Dickie is being himself, those guys are acting.

Reaction Score
Agreed on all points. Not every game he announces is going to have someone who is one of the best in the country.

Unfortunately, he calls Duke and UNC games the most. He doesn't do mid-major games, so we have to deal with a lot of PTP-ers.
He could make half our roster sound like All-Americans. Still like the guy though.
Give me Dickie V over half the nit-wits calling our games (Tim Welsh anybody? Yuck!).

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
How do you know that?

Well I guess I don't know that, but don't you make judgments every day about who is sincere and who isn't? If he isn't sincere then he should have been an actor because it's 20+ years we've been listening to him.

Reaction Score
Well I guess I don't know that, but don't you make judgments every day about who is sincere and who isn't? If he isn't sincere then he should have been an actor because it's 20+ years we've been listening to him.

I don't doubt that he's a really nice guy, I just doubt that the persona he has on TV could be the actual personality of anyone. I think he made a personality to set him apart (it worked) and unlike the other guys, decided to go with over the top boisterous instead of controversial .

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't doubt that he's a really nice guy, I just doubt that the persona he has on TV could be the actual personality of anyone. I think he made a personality to set him apart (it worked) and unlike the other guys, decided to go with over the top boisterous instead of controversial .

I don't mean he walks around yelling all day. I believe he thinks there should be 30 players first team All American. He really thinks all these guys are great coaches.

I listen to someone like Jim Rome and I don't believe he believes half of what he is saying. He is probably a , but picking a fight with Jim Everett was just to get attention.

H

Huskieforlife

"Oladipo = little Michael Jordan" - Dickie V

Oh ok.
I couldn't get over that. He does not deserve to comentate every great game if he has stupid opinions like that. Also don't tell you agree with him on that, that's just stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom