The Next Head Coach | Page 5 | The Boneyard

The Next Head Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Disagree - Kiffin instantly regenerizes not only the fanbase, but the players as well, not to mention generate a buzz around the program. Would love this hire. Obviously you don't, so that is all well and good. Your opinion.

Anyone who knows football know that Kiffin is a losing, dishonest scumbag. Anyone who doesn't know him wouldn't care. He wouldn't sell one ticket.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You just used "Petrino" and "serious about football" in the same sentence. I'm calling foul on that.
The only things that man would be serious about is filching us out of our money, chasing Emily Noonan all over campus and then eventually self-destructing in a blaze of poontang and scandal.
You say that like it is a bad thing. Put in a buyout clause like he has it Western Kentucky, put in a morals clause, if you want, but as long as he is legitimate in academics and athletics, sign him up. We need wins and we need them as soon as possible. I really don't want to take a crap shoot on a assistant.

Reaction Score
You say that like it is a bad thing. Put in a buyout clause like he has it Western Kentucky, put in amorals clause, if you want, but as long as he is legitimate in academics and athletics, sign him up. We need wins and we need them as soon as possible. I really don't want to take a crap shoot on a assistant.

Still.....no.

Reaction Score
Anyone who knows football know that Kiffin is a losing, dishonest scumbag. Anyone who doesn't know him wouldn't care. He wouldn't sell one ticket.

Yeah but can he recruit. Connecticut needs someone who can attract playmakers.

Reaction Score
I like this one. Only their 5th year as a football program and he is nearly beating SEC teams.
Somehow I think Academics works into the equation of who you can recruit to play here. I really don't know much about South Alabama but I would bet they fall short of the credentials needed to get into Uconn these days. Not slighting them but this is an issue that we as fans must live with. I would rather see and hear kids who spend time in the Classroom as opposed to some of the interviews I have heard from SI's article on OK State.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
This is Connecticut. We are "ruled" by Gov M Susan and a liberal constituentcy, not to mention the Hartford Courant!!! Lane Kiffin has a one in 5 mill chance to be hired in Storrs!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good. He should not even be considered. 1/5mil is too much time wasted on this individual.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Honestly I think we need a Jersey Guy. That state is loaded with talent, and our best bet for getting 3 stars and dare I say a 4 Star, would be from that state. No way in hell anyone 4 Star Florida Recruit I going to consider UCONN, I hate to say it I just don't see that happening. But if we can push in that area, I think we will have success.
Number 1 on my List

Raheem Morris, former Tampa Bay Head Coach, I know he got canned, but I see a ton of potential in this guy.

That's because you are probably not a Redskins fan. Morris's secondary has been lit up the last two years and there's a reason he got fired in Tampa. No more NFL retreads who don't know the first thing about recruiting, let alone coaching.

Reaction Score
No doubt in my mind that the next HC will be an offensive-minded coach. Right now, I am liking a person like (NOTE: this is just the type of coach I am thinking of) 49ers OC, Greg Roman. New Jersey guy, had major success recruiting at Stanford.

For the DC job, what about going back in time to Scott Lakatos? He is currently the secondary coach at UGA and a former UConn coach.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It's easier to make a "no" list. Kiffin: No. Petrino: No. Tressel: No. Anybody who just got fired or is about to: No. Anybody from CT: No. Anybody from a state in New England smaller that CT: No.

NFL coaches are fine, as long as they didn't just get canned for being lousy. Young MAC type HC's are worth a shot, but not if they are winning at places like South Alabama, where they can take kids who will never get into UConn.

Josh McDaniels would be on my list. He needs to work his way back up after getting a HC job way too soon. Aside from that, coodinators at SEC, good ACC, and B1G schools would be the way to go.

Reaction Score
Given that the season is one third over...I think the real question is who will be named the interim HC.

I'll go with one of three...in no particular order...Foley...Hughes...Weist.

Reaction Score
Cant believe some of the re-tread and tired personalities that ppl have on their wishlist. I know everyones got seasons to finish and kids to focus on, but as I said in the other forum, I know for a fact that Ambrose will be at a BCS school next year & that he's done well enough to win in Storrs & scare the shhh outta LSU in Baton Rouge. My money is on him after the FCS playoffs, but there will be other schools in the running besides UConn. Otherwise...he's the guy! Him & Jared probably already getting calls as we speak from Manuel!

Reaction Score
No doubt in my mind that the next HC will be an offensive-minded coach. Right now, I am liking a person like (NOTE: this is just the type of coach I am thinking of) 49ers OC, Greg Roman. New Jersey guy, had major success recruiting at Stanford.
I've been saying Roman for years now. Then again, I'm a die hard 49ers fan.

Reaction Score
I'll throw a name out there, how about Ken Whisenhunt, former Cardinals coach. Seems to work really well with QB's. Sounds good to me and boy do we need a QB.

Reaction Score
We need the next Chris Petersen. An offense-minded guy that can win a lot of games with 2 and 3 star players. Sadly, those types of coaches don't grow on trees. If they did, every team with the disadvantages we have would have one.

Reaction Score
Honestly I think we need a Jersey Guy. That state is loaded with talent, and our best bet for getting 3 stars and dare I say a 4 Star, would be from that state. No way in hell anyone 4 Star Florida Recruit I going to consider UCONN, I hate to say it I just don't see that happening. But if we can push in that area, I think we will have success.
Number 1 on my List

Raheem Morris, former Tampa Bay Head Coach, I know he got canned, but I see a ton of potential in this guy.
We don't necessarily need a guy who is going to come in and recruit 4 star guys, remember Dwayne Difton? What we need is someone like Edsall who can develop under the radar kids like DBrown, Butler, Sio, etc and turn them into studs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom