The next dominoes (February 7 edition) | The Boneyard

The next dominoes (February 7 edition)

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score

This is an emergency edition due to Kliavkoff visiting SMU's campus. That suggests to me that the Pac-12 is expanding with SMU and SDSU to get to 12.

The other big question in realignment right now is Gonzaga. There is a lot of smoke between the Big 12 and Gonzaga, and I think Yormark gets it done.

With the rest of the Power 5 and Big East staying put, it's on to the dominoes.

Both the MW and AAC inquire about Army, but both are shot down.

The AAC strikes first by adding Texas State to get back to 14.

The MW is up next. The league decides against adding FCS members and can't poach anyone from the AAC, Sun Belt, or MAC. It ultimately decides to stay at 11.

The Sun Belt is up next. The league decides to get back to 14 by adding FCS Delaware. The league (now with a smaller footprint) decides to go division-less.

The MAC stays put, but C-USA decides to add NDSU and SDSU as football-only members.

The WCC responds to departure of Gonzaga by adding Seattle and Cal Baptist from the WAC to get back to 10.

The CAA is down to 13 members. It adds non-football Fairfield to get to 14 schools.

The WAC is down to 9 schools but is able to fend off raids directed in its direction due to the WAC/ASUN football conference. I don't, however, believe the football conference is able to go to the FBS.

The MAAC is down to 10 members. They have already suggested they would like to go to 12. The league adds Wagner and Sacred Heart to go to 12. Both schools place their football programs in the Big South.

The Big South and OVC break up as each would have six football schools for an AQ.

The NEC is now down to 7 members. It takes a lob at some MEAC schools but to no avail. The league adds New Haven and Le Moyne (both Division 2 schools) to get back to 9 members.

This leaves Division 1 with 364 schools, 137 FBS schools, and 125 FCS schools.

Reaction Score
Since CFP schools are no longer required to have equal divisions, a conference can stay at an odd number. That will work fine and is one less mouth to feed.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Since CFP schools are no longer required to have equal divisions, a conference can stay at an odd number. That will work fine and is one less mouth to feed.
That is true, but even numbers are better for scheduling, logistics, and inventory.

Reaction Score
As a Delaware resident, they really seem to be prepping for the move. Football wise, not many schools left in FCS ahead of Delaware in the line to move up.

Reaction Score
Does anyone think New Haven will go FCS? I would love to see that, however what's their stadium like? Does it need to improve? UNH football was great in the 80s and 90s...

Reaction Score
Does anyone think New Haven will go FCS? I would love to see that, however what's their stadium like? Does it need to improve? UNH football was great in the 80s and 90s...
Their "Stadium", is nice for a D2 field. They are buying up or trying to buy up property all around the field. I was there last summer and they were finishing up a multilevel ramp garage.

Reaction Score
I think it makes sense for the Blue Hens. They're talking about it, and UConn.

Moving up? - Page 2 - GoHens.net
That’s pretty cool. Mentioned UConn’s great scheduling and showed respect for Mora. Nice to see a fellow little state like Delaware give a little love. I hope they make the jump, schedule us, and we beat them (respectfully of course).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom