The new Nolan | The Boneyard

The new Nolan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I sure hope so, we'll know next month. Hard to tell, men showing off in front of women is natural, its the men that count. :)

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
My expectation is that PN will continue to develop as the season progresses. Same with AM. My take is the majority of the posters in the Boneyard will be nervous at the start of the season because they are expecting PN to have significantly improved from the end of last season to the start of this season. I'm not sure this will happen. I expect the guards and DD/NG to carry the team at the start of the season and people will project the "weak" front court will be the anchor that prevents the team from being dominant in the conference and advancing far in the tournaments.

At some point after the first month or so of competition, there will be evidence that those fears were premature.

I was nervous about the loss of Wolf and the likely inability of KF playing this season. If AM can avoid foul troubles, he would be an upgrade on EW. Add PN improving over last season, OC being pain free, and two guards with height, I think UConn does more than enough to overcome last season's rebounding problems.

Reaction Score
Phil is much more confident and assertive. Love Brimah as the back up as well. Lookin good Mr. Kottier...

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Based on last year, I just don't see Nolan making the leap. But if you Nolan guys are right, I'm loving my 35-1 ticket right now.

Reaction Score
He looked much quicker and more agile than Hilton ever was.

Reaction Score
Hope you guys are right... He had a couple moments when given the chance last year, but I hesitate to consider him senior year Hilton based on a scrimmage against the women's team.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
He looked much quicker and more agile than Hilton ever was.

You apparently don't remember the Hilton of 05/06 very well, or you let your memories of HA the freshman temper your recollection of HA the senior.

Reaction Score
Based on last year, I just don't see Nolan making the leap. But if you Nolan guys are right, I'm loving my 35-1 ticket right now.
In the last three games he was allotted impactful minutes, he proved to be better defensively and on the glass than any of our bigs aka olander. It isn't all about scoring ; by holding k.batts to such a poor percentage from the field, he's shown the ceiling to be an effective low post defender. While not being asked to dominate the paint offensively and defensively, he still needs to hold is own and stay efficient.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Hilton Armstrong is my all-time favorite UConn Husky (well, maybe 2nd to Kemba Walker) and if Nolan can become (senior) Armstrong 2.0 we'll be in good shape. Speaking of HA, the Pacers just cut Ron Howard and Darnell Jackson, so he's survived the first round of cuts and the Pacers roster now stands at 15 players. Here's hoping he's still there when the season begins.

Reaction Score
In the last 5 games of last year uconn was outrebounded ...once, the competition wasnt too bad either

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Don't know how I typed the M instead of the B? Said his name in my head and typed it wrong. Amida Brimah aka AM!

Maybe you were just trying to type his name in all caps, but just got lazy?

Reaction Score
depends on what you interpret the leap to be. I think most of the #teamNolan people(which I am apart of) are hoping that Nolan can step up and be a 6pt/6-7reb/1blk kind of player, which as part of a C by committee would be enough for this team and a step in the right direction for his futue. based on what I saw in the last few games of the season last year he seems capable of delivering that.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
depends on what you interpret the leap to be. I think most of the #teamNolan people(which I am apart of) are hoping that Nolan can step up and be a 6pt/6-7reb/1blk kind of player, which as part of a C by committee would be enough for this team and a step in the right direction for his futue. based on what I saw in the last few games of the season last year he seems capable of delivering that.

think he gets 8 reb at the most this year, if not somthing close. AM will be our first big of the bench come tournament time

Reaction Score
I know it was a scrimmage, but I liked what I saw of all our bigs offensively.
Nolan was more aggressive & quicker looking.
Brimah was very quick, athletic & tall, better offensively than I thought.... and I loved his dance in the intros!
Facey, similar to Brimah, showed some good skills & athleticism too. I'm not sure he's 6'9" though.
Tyler showed skills I never expected to see from him. A nice 3 ptr & where did that passing come from?
Daniels was looking smooth & fluid... I think he'll be on a mission this year.
Now, if they can all rebound, we can turn our frontcourt into an advantage this year. You can never have enough Bigs!

Reaction Score

I thought the improvement from game 1 to the end of the year was massive. No idea if it can/will continue.

Reaction Score
I know it was a scrimmage, but I liked what I saw of all our bigs offensively.
Nolan was more aggressive & quicker looking.
Brimah was very quick, athletic & tall, better offensively than I thought.... and I loved his dance in the intros!
Facey, similar to Brimah, showed some good skills & athleticism too. I'm not sure he's 6'9" though.
Tyler showed skills I never expected to see from him. A nice 3 ptr & where did that passing come from?
Daniels was looking smooth & fluid... I think he'll be on a mission this year.
Now, if they can all rebound, we can turn our frontcourt into an advantage this year. You can never have enough Bigs!

Let's not get crazy on the "pass" from Tyler, he looked like a 6'9" dufus handling the ball and lost it 3 times at half court LOL.........but he will be fine and I agree they could be better than we think, but game time against men could change all of that. I really believe Phil will be solid...........Brimah will have his games and others not so much, he's raw but intriguing........Facey is not 6'9" but no matter 6'7-6'8 the kid is a big time athlete and has nice size and hops, as well as decent shooting form. Could be a real good one.......

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
think he gets 8 reb at the most this year, if not somthing close. AM will be our first big of the bench come tournament time

Still typing AM instead of AB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc