The Morning After | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Morning After

Reaction Score
We had no defense against Umass running Meriwether on those wide sweeps. That killed us. Same thing when they brought in Wise.
DE and LBs didn’t set the edge like the 2 weeks prior. Bad fundamentals and no focus. Terrible preparation in every aspect.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Does this loss constitute rock bottom??

Uconnalliance

Reaction Score
I'm with you, brotha.

Normally, I'm the "glass is 1/4 full" guy who finds a reason for us all to bounce back the next week.

Today, I've got nothing. Literally nothing. I think for me to feel some joy return, I'd need to see them beat not only Yale, but Middle Tennessee the week after. Maybe then, some optimism can return. If not? Well...
Does this loss constitute “ rock bottom “?

Reaction Score
Holy Cross and Yale (if they lose) are worse losses. Neither has a full scholarship roster. They don’t have many kids with any FBS offers. UMass has kids that are P5 transfers. They have 85 scholarships. The UMass loss sucks because they dominated the second half but they are at least an FBS school. It sucked because there was an expectation of a win versus every other game Save Holy Cross. But As of now HC was worse because they dominated the entire game.
He looks hung-over.
Anyone know how many transfers were on the UMass team??
With us having 1 transfer in Burns we had/have no chance to win another game.
Edsall not going into the portal for another QB and some wide receivers was the knife in the coffin for this program.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yup - unless we lose to Yale in which we'd have 2 losses to FCS schools and UMass in the same season.

We're cornering the market on rock bottom.
Hush Be Quiet GIF by HULU

Reaction Score

Edsall not going into the portal for another QB and some wide receivers was the knife in the coffin for this program.

We also had OL Senn from Colorado this year.

Until Drayton and Ross both went down I’m not sure WR depth was a problem.

Uconnalliance

Reaction Score
Yup - unless we lose to Yale in which we'd have 2 losses to FCS schools and UMass in the same season.

We're cornering the market on rock bottom.
Yale is no joke UConn’s D is gonna get a face full of 6’6”” 300 lb

Reaction Score
Anyone know how many transfers were on the UMass team??
I believe most of their best players are transfers. Two running backs ( one is hurt and didn't play,) their quarterback, their best player in the secondary.

Reaction Score
We also had OL Senn from Colorado this year.

Until Drayton and Ross both went down I’m not sure WR depth was a problem.
WR position is the one position with talent and depth on this roster. Still, losing your two best wide receivers still is going to sting.

Reaction Score
We fold halfway through the 2nd Quarter in every single game. We shoot ourselves in the foot, every single game. Our QB's can't throw, our WR/TE can't catch and we give up too many yards on every single play that our opponent doesn't botch.

Is there talent on this team? I think there is, but that's not shown to be worth a damn. Whatever it takes to win a football game no matter how bad the opponent, we don't have it and don't appear to have a clue as to where we might find it.

We've reach the point where there are no wrong answers. Whatever the next regime wants to try is fine by me (except the triple option, I ain't watching that).
No worries, we’re not smart enough to run a triple option.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry your application to Yale was denied.
Ha, never made the grade from day 1. But, I’ve seen so many CT students denied that are exceptional it’s a crime. They ought to have spaces reserved for smart in-state kids like they do at Dartmouth. With 36 Billion, I think they could invest in CT a lot more than they do.

Reaction Score
Edsall hasn't had any success in getting any big upgrades through the transfer portal. Some of the transfer were big disappointments and others are decent players but they generally only provide us with some needed depth at a weak position. The next coach probably needs to land higher quality players from the portal not necessarily more players.

Reaction Score
Ha, never made the grade from day 1. But, I’ve seen so many CT students denied that are exceptional it’s a crime. They ought to have spaces reserved for smart in-state kids like they do at Dartmouth. With 36 Billion, I think they could invest in CT a lot more than they do.
UCONN can invest in CT students more. There are a lot of qualified CT students who are not admitted to UCONN because UCONN is chasing the out of state tuition dollars by increasing the percentage of admitted students from out of state.

I am a UCONN grad and this comment is not sour grapes as both of my kids were accepted Tyler Phommachanh UCONN

Reaction Score
4p Sunday Media Call:

UCTV Sports @UCTVSports 10m
@UConnFootball HC Lou Spanos will be speaking to the media shortly as the Huskies look ahead to hosting Yale this Saturday. Follow this thread for quotes from Coach.

UCTV Sports @UCTVSports 5m
Spanos opens the press conference with a thank you to the medical team taking care of himself and players who tested positive for COVID-19. Adds they plan on getting back on the field when it is safe to do so.

UCTV Sports @UCTVSports 2m
Spanos says he was virtually involved in game-planning against UMass up until 90 minutes before the game, which is the timeline for virtual communication allowed by the NCAA.

ThisIsUConnCountry @UConnSN 8m
HC Lou Spanos talked with several players after the game, as well as with the team again today. He is still in isolation #UConnFootball

Reaction Score
Maybe invest in a decent football coach too, instead of a Maryland retread.

Reaction Score
4p Sunday Media Call:

UCTV Sports @UCTVSports 10m
@UConnFootball HC Lou Spanos will be speaking to the media shortly as the Huskies look ahead to hosting Yale this Saturday. Follow this thread for quotes from Coach.

UCTV Sports @UCTVSports 5m
Spanos opens the press conference with a thank you to the medical team taking care of himself and players who tested positive for COVID-19. Adds they plan on getting back on the field when it is safe to do so.

UCTV Sports @UCTVSports 2m
Spanos says he was virtually involved in game-planning against UMass up until 90 minutes before the game, which is the timeline for virtual communication allowed by the NCAA.

ThisIsUConnCountry @UConnSN 8m
HC Lou Spanos talked with several players after the game, as well as with the team again today. He is still in isolation #UConnFootball

->Spanos said he and the others affected were feeling well and watched the game together via Zoom. “The timeline will be staggered for our players and coaches return,” he said. “We’ll be following medical protocols.” <-

-> Quarterback Steve Krajewski was banged up making a tackle after an interception, but Spanos said he’s “good to go” physically. <-

Alternate access link here <<

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom