The Husky Pound / Tailgates | The Boneyard

The Husky Pound / Tailgates

Reaction Score
First off, I'm going to admit I'm a boomer. But I see some of the social media updates on the game day pre-game tailgates in front of Gampel and love it.

It feels different than getting in line or tent cities for tickets and more of a vibe that says "I don't care if it's a 7:00 pm tip, we start the hype at 7:00 am". At UConn, we treat game day as an event. So, students don't have to sit in a line for 20 hours to keep their spot. But if they have a couple hour break between classes, they can hang out and get ready for the game later. You want to go down to Ted's then back up? Sure.

I feel like it has the potential to be so much bigger and something other teams are jealous of. Bear's or local business sponsorship with food all day. DJ or bands. Like a mini ESPN college GameDay but for every Big East Gampel game.

Thoughts? Looking for creative discussion, not sarcasm. If a spark lights, maybe you get a fire.

Reaction Score
I’m ready for a little “tailgate” in Hartford Tuesday for the Butler 8:30 game? Lol

Reaction Score
I'm not on twitter and have no idea what you're talking about but if kids are allowed to set up shop outside gampel and drink and have a good time I'm all for it. Susan Herbst killed the college experience while I was there and I'd be happy to hear that college students can be college students at UConn, again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22
Top Bottom