The Hunt For Red October begins | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Hunt For Red October begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You guys keep going back and forth over a poll? We all know what they are and have to hope for the BE sake the R is getting this respect. Our conference is a shell of it's former self and even then it was not respected.

Rutgers being ranked is deserved and good for us, bottom line. On the other hand us not being anything close to that is hard to swallow for some including myself. Let us argue if after what you have seen for the first five games do you really think we can go into their house and win?

Our win over The Bulls does not have me riding on top of the world......Should we win which I hope we do, there will be no BE teams ranked.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You guys keep going back and forth over a poll? We all know what they are and have to hope for the BE sake the R is getting this respect. Our conference is a shell of it's former self and even then it was not respected.

Rutgers being ranked is deserved and good for us, bottom line. On the other hand us not being anything close to that is hard to swallow for some including myself. Let us argue if after what you have seen for the first five games do you really think we can go into their house and win?

Our win over The Bulls does not have me riding on top of the world......Should we win which I hope we do, there will be no BE teams ranked.

Can they win? Sure.

Why would Cinci and Louisville stopped being ranked if UConn beats RU?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

Our conference is a shell of itself, and yet three teams out of eight are ranked, and as you said, at least Rutgers' ranking is deserved. And of course we can win! I believe that we have weapons on both sides of the ball as well as on special teams, and I think that the boys will be pumped up to be there. This is a huge game. A statement game. To beat a ranked team in their own house, especially when it's your rival and you battle them in recruiting as well as on the field, there is nothing sweeter. This is a "make your season" type of game right here...

Reaction Score
When we play rutgers its always a close game,

That's why it may come down to a Chad Cristen Field Goal at game's end. I was there on the Raritan when Nuzzie(?) missed three of them in agonizing fashion.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That's why it may come down to a Chad Cristen Field Goal at game's end. I was there on the Raritan when Nuzzie(?) missed three of them in agonizing fashion.

Nuzie. I had broken my leg the day before that game and couldn't go. I was thinking about it earlier because as I watched the US implode it was the last time I screamed as much at my television.

Reaction Score
first new here, and love the energy and the team. I find I have lots of good laughs here. Being a submariner for 20 plus years, The Hunt For Red October, is one of the biggest comedies for us (real submariners) in both of its view of the ship and interrelation with the crew. Down Periscope is closer to hitting the nail on the head with art mimicking our truth. Then comes the truth and then the Doxa of the fans with the polls in this thread. The fact is that the University of New Jersey is ranked. They are also undefeated, that is not a given but earned. It would be great to beat them this week, and then we would have beaten a ranked team period. If we don't cheer the team and be proud of what they do. I do hope both halfs look like the first half against Buffalo. Having been a student at UT, the longhorns, could look at our scheduled and say ours is not the strongest and we should be undefeated. We are not, and I am still a proud fan of the team and will continue to be so. Flip the coin, how many would say if we were undefeated, and ranked 25th how many of us would defend that? and argue with those that said, look at your schedule, never mind your undefeated, you dont deserve it. Instead it is reversed with us on the side we rather not be. Lets pump up the team and us and get a win and end the debate, they will no longer be ranked if we beat them, and there will be no debate on that. focus on what you can motivate and control, not the would could have, should have and wish. GO HUSKIES, and bring back a big WIN.

Reaction Score
Well, the chance for a nuclear meltdown after we lose to Temple will most likely be in play.

Why even play the game, ConnHuskBask already has it all figured it out. Why he isn't running an enormous gambling empire with his prescient knowledge is beyond me, however, since I'm just a normal guy who can't predict the future.

Reaction Score

No, it was Tony Ciaravino during the Donald Brown year ('08). That was the last game he kicked. After the game, Teggart took over.

I was in San Diego for a conference, the game started at 9:00 local time on the U and I remember watching it at a nondescript empty sports bar. It's awful losing a big game on the last play before lunch time. The whole day just sucks from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bballmicmac

Top Bottom