The good news | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The good news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
WTF does that mean? We have our flaws, but this sentence is nonsense.
you're better off just ignoring a majority of the things that broad posts, it's the same routine after every loss

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Yeah, Van Tresse and Hancock are such great athletes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, but they are smart and effective. I hate them. What d*cks. We'll beat them in the NC Championship game....it will be Rocky-esque!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
As hard as Brimah plays and as athletic as he is, his BB IQ hurt us a lot tonight. He has a lot of trouble defending the pick and roll, he gets dragged from the hoop trying to block un-blockable shots which give up easy rebounds, and he hasn't recognized how to defend certain post moves, such Harrel's drop step and spin.

I am glad we have Brimah and am excited for his future, but tonight, he got owned just as much as everyone else on the team.
I do love his toughness though. He brings 100% every moment.
What bothered me most was when he gave Harrell a free lane to the hoop on an inbound play in the second half because he bit on Harrell taking the ball away from the hoop. If Harrell wants to dribble away from the basket Brimah has to say "thank you!".

Reaction Score
Like Hamilton and Purvis?

Certainly a good start. But I thought Boatright would be a bit more of a consistent scoring threat and certainly Calhoun was thought to be a 3 point shooter so it's wait and see until they get here. Hope Rakim is a big answer down low.

I don't know how anyone can watch some of the teams today, Michigan, Louisville, a finally healthy Michigan State, Zona-UCLA game, etc. and not think we need to generate more offense to compete with the elite.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
We won't have to face Louisville again this season unless it's in the final 4, the bad news they would beat us again. Louisville is a great team but there is no reason for us to play this horribly against them over and over again. Once again I knew this game was over early, we looked nervous and panicked from the start. The only player competing and manning up is Brimah, I love that kid.
I love Brimah's body language. Boats on the other hand was ppointed out several times as needing a sports psychologist!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Certainly a good start. But I thought Boatright would be a bit more of a consistent scoring threat and certainly Calhoun was thought to be a 3 point shooter so it's wait and see until they get here. Hope Rakim is a big answer down low.

I don't know how anyone can watch some of the teams today, Michigan, Louisville, a finally healthy Michigan State, Zona-UCLA game, etc. and not think we need to generate more offense to compete with the elite.

I believe that the biggest issue with our offense is the lack of any real inside scoring threat. Opponents realize they don't need to worry about our post scoring so they can extend further our on our outside shooters.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
We score in the 50's. We need to recruit better offensive play makers.

You are saying we couldn't beat a team worth a damn when we won the Championship?
Cinci, San Diego State, Arizona, Kentucky, Louisville, Syracuse, Pittsburg

Reaction Score
UCweCONN said:
That's one thing about Jim Calhoun. No team ever dominated his teams like this where they made us look clueless. He always adjusted and got them next time.
Nova in 1995 clubbed one of the best teams we ever had like baby seals. Multiple times. The games weren't even close. Providence swept us in 2004. Pitt swept us in 2009 and I think 9 teams beat us in 2011.

Reaction Score
Some teams just don't match up. Hoops is weird that way sometimes

I'd love to know why you and Friarj post here. You talk smack about us on the PC board and constantly troll the Boneyard. Are you schizophrenic or just a 50 year old troll in the basement somewhere?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
At this point this team is a sweet 16 team ready to get beat by any team with smart athletic guards like Louisville who can take away the 3 point shot. Honestly the Shabazz and Kemba comparisons have to stop. Shabazz is a great player who can do it all but he simply can't completely dominate a game and carry a team like Kemba did his junior year by constantly putting pressure on a defense because of his lack of explosiveness. Kembas ability to get to the basket and create and finish through contact was amazing and there wasn't a guard in the country who can stay in front of him. Shabazz has neither of those abilities when playing against teams with better athleticism than him. The Boatright bashing has to stop too because IMO he is very similar to Kemba (pre junior year) with the explosiveness, mental mistakes, and having to defer to another lead guard. I expect Boatright to make a Kemba-like jump next year when the team can finally be his. He is a fearless player just like Kemba and Shabazz and has taken over games at times throughout his career here and hit big shots.

Reaction Score
the good news is, the beer is cold and going down easy.

Me too but the bad news is I was still in RI after playing golf……LONG, slow ride home! :eek:

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I don't think people realize how good Louisville and Cincinnati are defensively. Any team that we play in the tournament that is as effective at shutting down our offense is probably not going to be very good offensively themselves, outside of Florida. This team can still make a deep run...Need Brimah to keep playing like he did this week, and Shabazz to start making more shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom