DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
did nothing for the game but make it ugly...ewww

less points and flow

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I think it will even out. It definitely helped us in the first half with all those free throws.

UConn will eventually really benefit from the emphasis on freedom of movement, because their offense is based on cuts and movement off the ball. Once they get out of bad habits on the defensive end they should be fine.

Reaction Score
I'm trying to be patient, there are too many play stoppages, spoils the game.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Jeez you guys it is the second game of the year. Give it some time.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Jeez you guys it is the second game of the year. Give it some time.
it suppose to get better? these kids been playing this way for yrs, its not easy to adjust

Reaction Score
Less point compared to what? 20-12 at the half of a NC game? I thought is was indeed an improvement over some of the recent UConn and Stanford games in terms of freedom of movement. UConn scored fewer points because they missed wide opens shots.

Reaction Score
I personally would prefer a happy medium of where things were (re: Baylor v. Louisville) and where things are now (Kansas v. Oral Roberts, TN v. MTSU). Basketball is a contact sport and some contact on the perimeter should be allowed.

I'm worried that teams, like Notre Dame, that rely on getting to the line, are just going to fly into the defender and get a foul called every time.

Reaction Score
I have never seen so many bogus calls, sometimes there is no contact, and other times the contact is minimal. The announcers keep saying the players will need to adjust, nope the referees will need to adjust. If the games last an extra 15 minutes it will be a major problem for ESPN.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Didn't think it was a great ref game - missed some serious moving screens and a few questionable calls, but ... not a big deal. Going to take some time for everyone to get it right. And to be consistent - watched the first ten minutes of the TN/UNC game and it was a completely different look from the refs and that is what concerns me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom