The Chicken or The Egg? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Chicken or The Egg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Our AD is a football guy and our president is fully aware of how importanct a role football plays in our university's future. I imagine that there were lengthy conversations (prior to the beginning of summer practice) on the long term benefits and costs of using band-aids in the near term for building the football program and my guess is that the decision (made by an entire administration) was to avoid the quick fix method.

If a few very reasonable things happen, by this time next year we will be in a position where we will have a competent (albeit young) offensive line with sufficient depth where solid recruiting classes going forward will allow us to be very good, continually, for many years once the young linemen next season reach a reasonable level of experience (I wrote a very long post in an OL thread a couple weeks back on this).

Like it or not we will need to be a little patient.

Reaction Score
By my count, here are the players that were recruited by Edsall on the D 2-deep:

Adeyemi, McBryde, Frank, Vann, Jones, Adams. So, 6 players. Mind you, they are 6 high-impact players, but 6 of the 22 are Edsall's.

Campenni, Ashiru, Stewart, Obi, Jh. Williams, Summers, Floyd, Marder, Green, Myers, Fatukasi, Ormsby, Hicks, Stapleton, Carrezola, Joseph (16 players) are Pasqualoni's.

Look, Pasqualoni sucked as a head coach. Nobody will argue that. But the majority of the 2-deep are his recruits...

Your right Dan, I was inserting and editing poorly. I meant to say that the D was successful because of its experience with a lot of them being former Edsall recruits. Sorry about that.

and I would also add Lee and Pruitt(was a starter?)

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Your right Dan, I was inserting and editing poorly. I meant to say that the D was successful because of its experience with a lot of them being former Edsall recruits. Sorry about that.

and I would also add Lee and Pruitt(was a starter?)

I was just looking at the 2-deep for Temple, so I didn't include Pruitt. And now that Marder is hurt, Lee will be added to that list. If we are going to include the injured players, then Cochran goes into the Pasqualoni bucket also.

As others have mentioned, one would expect seniors and redshirt juniors / seniors to be the mainstay of any team on both sides of the ball. But the fact of the matter is that there are plenty of younger players / underclassmen that are on the 2-deep on both sides of the ball. That bodes well for the future, even if we are off to a brutal start this year...

Reaction Score
My 11 NFL Huskies. We are underachieving right now, no creativity on offense at all, Zero, Zipp. Not one misdirection play the entire season other than Foxx's garbage time snaps.

Jones
Davis
Newsome
Obi (a reach I know, but he does have talent and two more years)
Walsh
Boyle (please play him)
Ormsby
Campenni (longshot but maybe)
Vann
Junior Joseph
Jhavon Williams (you never know, nobody knew McClain would have an NFL career)

Edit:
Fatukasi, Bloom, Adams, Summers should be added to the you never know list and maybe another WR blossoms.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01