The Bun Is UP! | The Boneyard

The Bun Is UP!

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I am sitting in the seats at the XL Center before the game, and I can make two observations of a positive nature based on the warmups:
  1. Olivia's bun is pointed towards the roof of the arena; and
  2. Evina Westbrook is at the game, albeit on crutches.
Both of these represent UConn configuration changes relative to the Wichita State game, which was the last game played here.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Great to know. Liv gains 3” with the bun up.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
How about Aubrey's bun? It's usually quite impressive as well.

3" at least. :p

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I am sitting in the seats at the XL Center before the game, and I can make two observations of a positive nature based on the warmups:
  1. Olivia's bun is pointed towards the roof of the arena; and
  2. Evina Westbrook is at the game, albeit on crutches.
Both of these represent UConn configuration changes relative to the Wichita State game, which was the last game played here.

Good for you Joe. I wish I was sitting in a chair in close proximity. Can we expect a "eye witness" report and analysis after the game tonight sir? You'll see things that won't come across on TV. I'm going to the UC Riverside vs UC Davis game tonight to watch a recent grad of one of our local high schools play. I watch a replay in the morning if we win.

Enjoy the game. :)

Last edited:

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
She is not a good offensive player. Misses by a mile when pressured. Our offense was bad tonight and one big reason was there’s no threat in the middle to play off of. It’s not a big issue except against the better teams that can defend. No points from our bigger kids.

Reaction Score
She is not a good offensive player. Misses by a mile when pressured. Our offense was bad tonight and one big reason was there’s no threat in the middle to play off of. It’s not a big issue except against the better teams that can defend. No points from our bigger kids.
It doesn't help when you have not played many games against quality players who match you in height. Cox has both size and height. She has extra long arms as well which makes her a great defender. Also, players will produce on a sliding scale with respect to how well they play game to game. Perhaps this was just not one of her better games. I always say you are never as good as your best game not as bad as your worst.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Ever wanna take back a post now and then? This is that post.

The bun...is up. I'm sure Lauren Cox chuckled.

Reaction Score
It doesn't help when you have not played many games against quality players who match you in height. Cox has both size and height. She has extra long arms as well which makes her a great defender. Also, players will produce on a sliding scale with respect to how well they play game to game. Perhaps this was just not one of her better games. I always say you are never as good as your best game not as bad as your worst.
Can only be better next time.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
She is a good defender who misses lay ups regularly in most games. I think the game is still too fast for her in a lot of situations.

I’m not sure GA got his team calmed down on offense. They played decently on D, forcing Baylor to shoot more 3s than usual. Unfortunately, they made more than usual. Baylor isn’t that impressive overall, but a good team.

Cox reminds me of Stewie in the sense that she seems totally relaxed on the court.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom