The Big East | The Boneyard

The Big East

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Time for a sit down discussion to let the league know we will be taking our share (I.e. more than an equal split) of both media revenue and NCAA tournament revenue. We’ll be using said $$ to give our coach his well earned raise.

Reaction Score
A lot of realignment going on. I love the Big East, but honestly if a spot opens somewhere for the football team, not sure if the BE is out forever home.

I'll cross that bridge when we get there, but it is such a fantastic and pure basketball league.

Reaction Score
As Hurley says, we bring a lot to the Bug East and we were going to be great with or without them. Hurley gets what NEWBIE fanboys don’t. The decision to move to the NEWBIE had zero to do with the last 2 years.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
As Hurley says, we bring a lot to the Bug East and we were going to be great with or without them. Hurley gets what NEWBIE fanboys don’t. The decision to move to the NEWBIE had zero to do with the last 2 years.
Think about what UConn's KP would be playing in the AAC. Not a chance in hell at a one seed. Even a top four seed would likely be out of reach. Not to mention no games in Storrs South. Sorry, I don't see it. And don't say, "Well, we would've moved up to the B12 with Houston," as that would show your ignorance of Rule #1.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
The league needs to expand. What happened to the league this year won't happen if the league strategically expands by at least one school (Gonzaga).

Reaction Score
Oh how quickly they forget. Your welcome for letting you back into the Big East to save your program.
UConn saved the Big East, don't act like this was a one way street. 2 s16 exits other than Uconns chips the past two years won't continue to cut it much longer. Rest of the conference needs to step it up big time post Wright.

Reaction Score
The league needs to expand. What happened to the league this year won't happen if the league strategically expands by at least one school (Gonzaga).
I bet Kentucky will be talking to Few. So Gonzaga may not be so shiny.

Reaction Score
Oh how quickly they forget. Your welcome for letting you back into the Big East to save your program.
Keep in mind it wasn't UConn's choice to cleave the basketball private schools away from the football schools in the Big East. It was Georgetown, Villanova, St. John's, Seton Hall, Providence, Marquette, and DePaul who made that decision, because they were tired of being dragged around by football dynamics and having their conference repeatedly pillaged by the ACC. UConn found itself with a gun to its head having to choose between dropping its I-A football program only 10 years after the state built a 40,000-seat stadium to facilitate the step up to I-A, and letting the private Catholics go their separate ways. We chose the latter, hoping it would work out. It didn't. I'm sick of people from other schools acting like we created this situation, and that we owe everyone an apology for existing.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
LMAO. Or we’ll do what exactly? Play as an independent?
Beyond that, the cost of the arrangement he's looking for would make it far more difficult for us to move on of the opportunity were to ever arise. They aren't giving us a bigger share of revenues without asking for something in return.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Mike Myers Evil Laugh GIF

take every penny from the collection plate

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Think about what UConn's KP would be playing in the AAC. Not a chance in hell at a one seed. Even a top four seed would likely be out of reach. Not to mention no games in Storrs South. Sorry, I don't see it. And don't say, "Well, we would've moved up to the B12 with Houston," as that would show your ignorance of Rule #1.
UConn cannot stay in the NBE
Ignorance thinks they should.
The conference hurts other sports at UConn and the school will never get out of the financial hole it is in without the payouts the big boy conferences provide.
BTW - UNC was a 1 seed this post season. UConn would have won the ACC this season.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Was it Xavier, the program that welcomed one of the biggest cheaters back as their coach, the school that coordinated UConn rejoining the watered down NBE?
I think I missed that news story.
The NBE wanted UConn to appear as a relevant conference again.

Reaction Score
is this the same mid-major Xavier that was brought in to patch up a very well-established Big East when the big boy programs were booted out? Who should be thanking who?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
UConn cannot stay in the NBE
Ignorance thinks they should.
The conference hurts other sports at UConn and the school will never get out of the financial hole it is in without the payouts the big boy conferences provide.
BTW - UNC was a 1 seed this post season. UConn would have won the ACC this season.
And what does any of that have to do with Hurley's comments about how UConn would've been as good even w/o joining the BE? Stay on topic please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom