The Best PG in UCONN History | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Best PG in UCONN History

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No. He’s just not. The young man did great, and far better than anyone anticipated he would do when he came here, but he’s not the best point in our history. You can’t even argue he was as good as Kemba, and I don’t think there’s much of an argument he was as good as Shabazz. You want to argue he’s on everyone else’s level, I’ll listen (though I’m not convinced).

He did a great job for his two years here, but he was also surrounded with a ton of NBA players and three lottery picks in his two years.

Would honestly argue out of the 8 starters on the last 2 squads he’s one of the 2 or 3 most expendable

Reaction Score
Uconn Huskies Wow GIF by NCAA March Madness
Ben Gordon needs his name added to this discussion.
BG listed as a point guard?

Reaction Score
Spencer and Castle were also cool as cucumbers. They all played like 5th year seniors.
Castle and Newton- yes super cool. Cam? Cool? Cam’s as fiery as they come. He’s more like a bag of chili Fritos than a cucumber.

xclamations

Portal Kombat III
Reaction Score
I mean... its a fair argument as far as achievements on the grand stage at this point I'd think. I don't think those old teams dominated this way

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Castle and Newton- yes super cool. Cam? Cool? Cam’s as fiery as they come. He’s more like a bag of chili Fritos than a cucumber.

He’s fiery but he PLAYS cool

Reaction Score
It is one of the imponderables of the universe. But Newton is in the conversation.

Reaction Score
There's statistically the best and then there are fan favorites.

Love Newton, but what Kemba did was the stuff of Legends.

Bazz too, and till this day Taliek still fills my memory when he ran the fast break. Taliek was a tank.

Newton was calm cool and collected throughout the entire tournament. He just went about his business.

He'll go down as a UConn great.

Reaction Score
It really is insane that it’s even an argument

But I mean Newton is a repeating champion… this is new UConn territory, equally insane to say
He's on the level with Kemba and Shabazz. Anyone can argue their favorite and who you think is the best but Tristen is right there with those two. He's legendary great now that it's completed. Wall, jersey retirement, all of it

Reaction Score
He's on the level with Kemba and Shabazz. Anyone can argue their favorite and who you think is the best but Tristen is right there with those two. He's legendary great now that it's completed. Wall, jersey retirement, all of it
No doubt he deserves it, but there is no 6 without what Khalid did.

Reaction Score
As I alluded, Kemba and Bazz were truly hole grown talents. Kemba as a 5’9 PG carrying a team of freshman, winning 5 games in 5 days then winning 6 more to cap it off… then for those freshmen to repeat with Bazz and the run they had, embarrassing good teams like that overall 1 seed in UF… this is what happens when you ban us… but I think Newton and his demeanor better fits this evolved UConn program.

Reaction Score
Newton expendable? Mmmmm, no. You missed the target by 100 miles with that take.Newton was very integral to what they accomplished these last 2 years
So was every other starter. Sorry but most of the others are superior

Reaction Score
Wasn’t too long ago people were saying we didn’t have a point guard. Crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members