The ACC wanted to be a basketball power again | The Boneyard

The ACC wanted to be a basketball power again

Status
Not open for further replies.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
so they raid the BEAST to try and buy what the BEAST worked for

now they're all looking up to their new members from the old BEAST, exposing just how weak they really are

next year 3 former BEAST schools will continue to control that conference, and should we get invited, that would make 4

with the way things are going for them, K and Williams might have 2nd thoughts about inviting another former BEAST school into what used to be known as the All Carolina Conference. Those days are long gone

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Ring Ring, pick up the clue phone. We're not going to the ACC anytime soon.

Reaction Score
BC, Pitt and Quse hate us. Dook is not a huge fan either. The only way I see this happening is that after Maryland leaves- Pitt and Quse will have already played a few years with a huge diet of cupcakes- they might be longing for the old days where they teams to battle that were real rivalries.

Either way don't hold your breath.

Reaction Score
Be interesting to see how many teams they get in, Duke, UVA, Pitt and Cuse are locks, wonder if FSU, UNC and/or Wake can beat up the scraps of the conference enough to get in too.

Reaction Score
They will get 5 teams in. That is 33% of the conference. Not very good. Hopefully the AAC gets in 5 which would be half of our conference. No one expected that to happen.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Pitino said this after nd cuse and Pitt left. He said there's no way they want after the big east for football, they're upset that the big east was the best conference for years. Then Louisville left

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Ring Ring, pick up the clue phone. We're not going to the ACC anytime soon.

ring ring, what does that have to do with type of cheese the moon is made of?

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
ring ring, what does that have to do with type of cheese the moon is made of?
It was related to the part about us being there as number 4 - in the ACC. Not sure I'd want us to accept (we would) even if invited (won't be), so if you've been on the CR Board at all you know a lot of us are weary of the will we won't we.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It was related to the part about us being there as number 4 - in the ACC. Not sure I'd want us to accept (we would) even if invited (won't be), so if you've been on the CR Board at all you know a lot of us are weary of the will we won't we.
Been on that board. Read a lot of the discussion. I'm not ready to proclaim anything. The one thing I can absolutely count on is that I can't count on anything.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They will get 5 teams in. That is 33% of the conference. Not very good. Hopefully the AAC gets in 5 which would be half of our conference. No one expected that to happen.
and that's with Temple disappearing this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bballmicmac

Top Bottom