That Cincinnati game... | The Boneyard

That Cincinnati game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What I observed was, when we were destroying Cincinnati early, Geno subbed in the bench, and as the game progressed, we lost our momentum and flow, and Cincinnati found their footing. They buckled down and started defending, we went cold and just couldn't get it back. I think Geno would not have subbed in the bench so early for any other coach. It illustrates how elusive momentum can be, and how critical it is to play the right combination of players.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
What I observed was, when we were destroying Cincinnati early, Geno subbed in the bench, and as the game progressed, we lost our momentum and flow, and Cincinnati found their footing. They buckled down and started defending, we went cold and just couldn't get it back. I think Geno would not have subbed in the bench so early for any other coach. It illustrates how elusive momentum can be, and how critical it is to play the right combination of players.
Actually, it was Kaleena going to the bench with 3 fouls that slowed the team down. The starters have great chemistry; it will take a bit more time for others to slide smoothly into one of the starters' spots.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think the opposing coach definitely had something to do with Geno's moves during the game and maybe also in the players' lack of fire? But I was actually surprised that Geno kept up the full court pressure as long as he did, so ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom