Texas Recruiting Question | The Boneyard

Texas Recruiting Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Their roster has 4 sophs and 4 frosh then on Prospects I see 4 2014 verbals and an amazing 4 early 2015 verbals.

That, of course, adds up to 16 players.

I guess they won't be recruiting 6'7" McCowan or 6'4" Hearn, both from Texas?

Reaction Score
Their roster has 4 sophs and 4 frosh then on Prospects I see 4 2014 verbals and an amazing 4 early 2015 verbals.

That, of course, adds up to 16 players.

I guess they won't be recruiting 6'7" McCowan or 6'4" Hearn, both from Texas?
Not unless they choose to decline the verbal(s) from the 2015ers.

Reaction Score
McCowan has been seen at many Baylor Games. I live less than two hours from Baylor. It's thought she will go there even though it hasn't been made public.

Reaction Score
Well appears they're gonna have decline at least one as they would be over the limit. Or they're gonna get rid of one of their current sophs or frosh.

I kind of don't understand their coach's recruiting.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
McCowan has been seen at many Baylor Games. I live less than two hours from Baylor. It's thought she will go there even though it hasn't been made public.
That will make ETT very happy!

Baylor is one team i'm really curious about this year. WCBB seems a bit top heavy (maybe that's normal) but I'm surprised so many people think Baylor will be close to a top 10 team after losing 4 starters and really only having 1 AA left on their team (Sims). Then again, perhaps Stanford is a similar story with Ogwumike, and all you really need is 1 terrific player to pretty much be a top 10-15 team...

And it's not like Baylor has no one else (Prince, etc). But still, I'm surprised people seem to think so highly of them in spite of what they lost...

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Well appears they're gonna have decline at least one as they would be over the limit. Or they're gonna get rid of one of their current sophs or frosh.

I kind of don't understand their coach's recruiting.

I think Texas and North Carolina use the same arithmetic textbook in their public schools.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
The Texas coach IS recruiting her tail off. As long as they DON'T get 6'4 Lauren Cox. She is going to be something very special !

Reaction Score
Maybe, she is building a Taxi squad for practice players........Good luck trying to develop team Chemistry........

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score

Baylor is one team i'm really curious about this year. WCBB seems a bit top heavy (maybe that's normal) but I'm surprised so many people think Baylor will be close to a top 10 team after losing 4 starters and really only having 1 AA left on their team (Sims). Then again, perhaps Stanford is a similar story with Ogwumike, and all you really need is 1 terrific player to pretty much be a top 10-15 team...

And it's not like Baylor has no one else (Prince, etc). But still, I'm surprised people seem to think so highly of them in spite of what they lost...

Eric,

I'm gonna "try" and take a stab at this! I'm going to use the Louisville/Baylor game as a point of reference!

Sims single handedly brought Baylor back in that game even though they lost. She got Baylor the late lead. I thought Baylor was going to win at that point and it would have been because of Sims. I think she is that strong of a player. Top 10? I dont know, but what I do know is long as KM has Sims, Baylor should be watched. Again, my 2 cents. Can't wait for the season to start.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score

In Baylor's case, with the undisputed best point guard in the country, they become a threat. Odyssey is a game changer that can make a marginal supporting cast look really good. Look what Kemba did for the Uconn men a few years ago. Stanford, with alot of talent the past year of so, without a great backcourt - they were really a paper tiger.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Eric,

I'm gonna "try" and take a stab at this! I'm going to use the Louisville/Baylor game as a point of reference!

Sims single handedly brought Baylor back in that game even though they lost. She got Baylor the late lead. I thought Baylor was going to win at that point and it would have been because of Sims. I think she is that strong of a player. Top 10? I dont know, but what I do know is long as KM has Sims, Baylor should be watched. Again, my 2 cents. Can't wait for the season to start.
I didn't read your response before I just posted on this. Even Notre Dame this year with Skylar, and I don't think they were as talented as the years prior, was a real threat to us. And Skylar is not Odyssey Sims! that is not a knock on Skylar- Odyssey is great!

Sakibomb25

Yamasaki Let the Good Times Roll
Reaction Score
Is it confirmed that everyone is on scholarship though? People here were hinting at inappropriate recruiting tactics by Stanford a few months ago, only to be debunked by fans.

Reaction Score
Is it confirmed that everyone is on scholarship though? People here were hinting at inappropriate recruiting tactics by Stanford a few months ago, only to be debunked by fans.

It would be hard to determine if everyone has a scholarship from a group of players consisting of half 2014's/2015's, who can't have signed LOI's yet. I believe the thread about Stanford's official roster was a different question.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
I should have been more specific, TDF: The University of Texas and the University of North Carolina both seem be working from the same textbook. Mea Culpa! (and, no, that's no relation to Megan Culmo).

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I guess it's easy to jump to conclusions when you don't know all the facts. A lot can change between now and the time the 2014 and 2015 recruits sign their LOIs, and eventually enroll for their classes.

Texas sophomore Brady Sanders took a medical redshirt her freshman season (2011-12). So, she is currently a junior academically. As is the case with any player who redshirts one season, they may not use all 5 years of their athletic eligibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom