Tevin Mack (Committed to Texas) | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Tevin Mack (Committed to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Wes Bialosuknia had a mid range game? ;)
As far as I've read up on him he could hit it from anywhere but it seems very old manish to yearn for the lost art of the mid range game :) I wasn't around for Wes years lol.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
This was 99 two weeks ago watching Diamond Stone. Violation? Or just creepy?

108349890-man-with-binoculars-hidden-in-bush-gettyimages.jpg

Reaction Score
As far as I've read up on him he could hit it from anywhere but it seems very old manish to yearn for the lost art of the mid range game :) I wasn't around for Wes years lol.

I was around. He was known for long rainbows (ala Rashad) why I included the ;) just teasing. As far as old manish....it's all in your mind you know.:cool:

Reaction Score
They're just making up stuff as they go along on that VCU board....

"Kevin Ollie hasn't shown that he won't cash in and go to the NBA."

Really??? :confused:

Reaction Score

The funny thing is, if Kevin Ollie goes to the NBA, we could probably get Shaka Smart as our next coach.

Reaction Score
I was around. He was known for long rainbows (ala Rashad) why I included the ;) just teasing. As far as old manish....it's all in your mind you know.:cool:
Yes he had a mid-range game - it was located midway between the top of the key and the half-court line, he knew he could hit from there and the ball burned his hands too much if he tried to get any closer to the basket.

Reaction Score

I don't even think they're making it up, they're just ignorant.

It's an extremely weird board. They are incredibly passionate and over the top enthusiastic about VCU, but seem to be clueless about things that even casual college basketball fans would know.

They know nothing about our program or KO (I'm talking basic things you would learn from watching the Final Four last year, or cliche facts and ideas that the media shoves down our throats continuously.)

There were only what, 100 stories in the national media last spring about KO going to the league?

Strange.

Reaction Score
...and more ignorance from a VCU fan who obviously pays no attention to anything about college hoops unless it pertains to VCU....

"Calhoun didn't leave he was pressured out..."

Reaction Score
...and more ignorance from a VCU fan who obviously pays no attention to anything about college hoops unless it pertains to VCU....

"Calhoun didn't leave he was pressured out..."

I've seen this sentiment from others as well. Sure, it's mind numbingly stupid, but its not that uncommon. Its easy to be ignorant of the timing of JC stepping down and of Warde's initial attitude towards KO.

I don't really think their fan base is smarter or dumber than the average fan base. I would be surprised if more than 20 percent of our board had a solid grasp of the college basketball landscape that didn't pertain to Duke, Cuse, UK, Uconn or PC.

Edit. OK, I just checked on their board and they have a few very dumb posters, especially the guys talking about KO and the NBA and the other guys who think JC left KO with a great situation. Funny how a national championship can change the narrative. I'm sure everyone remembers hearing how KO was left with a talentless trainwreck of a situation, besides Ram Nation.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
walker11 said:
I've seen this sentiment from others as well. Sure, it's mind numbingly stupid, but its not that uncommon. Its easy to be ignorant of the timing of JC stepping down and of Warde's initial attitude towards KO. I don't really think their fan base is smarter or dumber than the average fan base. I would be surprised if more than 20 percent of our board had a solid grasp of the college basketball landscape that didn't pertain to Duke, Cuse, UK, Uconn or PC. Edit. OK, I just checked on their board and they have a few very dumb posters, especially the guys talking about KO and the NBA and the other guys who think JC left KO with a great situation. Funny how a national championship can change the narrative. I'm sure everyone remembers hearing how KO was left with a talentless trainwreck of a situation, besides Ram Nation.

Anthony Grant left Shaka Smart with a full cupboard of veterans. That group that went to the Final Four was a senior-dominated team that was entirely Grant's and Smart almost didn't get them into the dance. They beat Drexel on a buzzer beater in the CAA quarters in what amounted to a home game or else you still wouldn't know his name (in fairness, we're a Brimah put back away from KO still being a question mark).

Smart has done a decent job keeping them as an NCAA team after that group left, but they're not nationally relevant. And their campus is still surrounded by boarded up buildings and homeless people lying in alcoves.

Reaction Score
What exactly is their board link? I like to occasionally to read what other team's fans have to say... and laugh.

Reaction Score
Anthony Grant left Shaka Smart with a full cupboard of veterans. That group that went to the Final Four was a senior-dominated team that was entirely Grant's and Smart almost didn't get them into the dance. They beat Drexel on a buzzer beater in the CAA quarters in what amounted to a home game or else you still wouldn't know his name (in fairness, we're a Brimah put back away from KO still being a question mark).

Smart has done a decent job keeping them as an NCAA team after that group left, but they're not nationally relevant. And their campus is still surrounded by boarded up buildings and homeless people lying in alcoves.

This seems harsh. They have had good squads and have been relevant for the past 4 years. Their recruiting is on the uptick and their future certainly looks bright and will only get brighter (until the UNC job opens).

Reaction Score
This seems harsh. They have had good squads and have been relevant for the past 4 years. Their recruiting is on the uptick and their future certainly looks bright and will only get brighter (until the UNC job opens).

I agree. People say Ollie won with Calhoun's recruits. We know that is misguided. People can also negatively talk about gampel or the xl. Good shaka his due. He is building a good program there. All respect

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Edit. OK, I just checked on their board and they have a few very dumb posters, especially the guys talking about KO and the NBA and the other guys who think JC left KO with a great situation. Funny how a national championship can change the narrative. I'm sure everyone remembers hearing how KO was left with a talentless trainwreck of a situation, besides Ram Nation.

JC left KO National Championship level talent! Which KO had helped bring in of course.

Reaction Score
I could see KO in the NBA in 3-4 years...I mean he'll have 4-5 NCAAT championships by then.

He seems settled in CT. I can see him in 8 to 10 years with multiple titles, not 3 to 4

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Rhode Island Clam Chowder, not New England. And Johnny Ad's in Old Saybrook is the best.

Next question?

Creamy New England is better than the plain broth :)

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Hey guys I can not keep checking this hot pile of steaming Shot. Will someone promise me to start a new thread if he commits or picks another school
I'm sorry for my part in taking your time away from all the other important things you could have been doing.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry for my part in taking your time away from all the other important things you could have been doing.

Like having twins under a year old? I've got two 18+ month labs, so I cannot imagine two twins. 99 must be a saint at this point! LOL

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Like having twins under a year old? I've got two 18+ month labs, so I cannot imagine two twins. 99 must be a saint at this point! LOL
I can imagine having both at the same time. And I would call them glory days.

Reaction Score

Pups might be worse. 5 months twins are not moving yet....:)

wait i am reading this dam thread again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom