Tevin Mack (Committed to Texas) | Page 32 | The Boneyard

Tevin Mack (Committed to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have tried very hard to NOT go to VCU's board, but I broke down today. I did see something that I found interesting though, and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how accurate it is. The number of games that they have on major networks seems to be more than ours, and if I remember correctly, someone was just saying the other day that we have one of if not the most nationally televised games in the country. Any info is helpful.

I would drive a couple more hours to see a "W" more often.
There is also this:

MBB-TVgames100914-Social.jpg
So, first, CBS6 and MASN (Mid-Atlantic Sports Network) don't seem to be "national." Additionally, my sense is Comcast Sportsnet Plus is similarly regional. I could be entirely wrong on that. So, I'd say they have 24 "national" games. Are we sure those 12 games aren't ESPN 3?

Additionally, I don't know where to find our breakdown.

Reaction Score
So, first, CBS6 and MASN (Mid-Atlantic Sports Network) don't seem to be "national." Additionally, my sense is Comcast Sportsnet Plus is similarly regional. I could be entirely wrong on that. So, I'd say they have 24 "national" games. Are we sure those 12 games aren't ESPN 3?

Additionally, I don't know where to find our breakdown.
I used the schedule posted for each team on ESPN.

UConn: http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/team/schedule/_/id/41/connecticut-huskies
VCU: http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/team/schedule/_/id/2670/virginia-commonwealth-rams

Reaction Score
Why are we counting CBSSN among the major networks?

UConn has twice as many games as on CBS/the two major ESPN channels. In fact, I would venture to guess that the women's team has just as many games on ESPN/ESPN2/CBS as VCU.

If we're talking about where recruits will get more exposure, this one isn't even a debate.

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
Here's how it breaks down:

View attachment 7249

VCU is playing in the Legends Classic, so if they win against Nova, they'll get another ESPN2 game, but if they lose, they play on ESPNU.

UConn in the Puerto Rico Tip-Off could get a couple more games on ESPNU or ESPN2.

To add to tcf's reply, the bottom 3 "networks" are not national, much like SNY is not. That said, I'm able to see SNY games here in Atlanta based on my cable/sat package, and I think MASN is similar. I'm pretty sure the Comcast channel is Comcast only and the bottom one is the CBS affiliate from Richmond. These last two are certainly NOT national.

Reaction Score
So was your source just off on timing or final two is my question?

I've seen others who claim sources around the web mention various things: USC says it's USC orUConn, VCU says VCU or UGA, UGA say UGA or UConn. Clemson doesn't seem to know or care.

I heard 2nd hand it was 90% uconn late Sunday. But it sounds like his inner circle had leaked different teams to different people. this is my best guess

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Any word on The Ocho?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I heard 2nd hand it was 90% uconn late Sunday. But it sounds like his inner circle had leaked different teams to different people. this is my best guess

Maybe their trying to build traction/exposure through hype.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
What's pretty commical about the whole thing that I just posted about the TV schedule is that they have someone on their board that just wrote:
The guys on the Boneyard are so rattled they are now comparing our televised schedule to theirs. I love VCU!

The only funny part about it is that they think we're literally scared about this. At the end of the day, we want Tevin... Badly. Just like they do. But we check each other's boards because we're interested in what the other fan base has to say. Not out of fear that the decision of one player is going to somehow completely redefine our program.

caw

Reaction Score
What's pretty commical about the whole thing that I just posted about the TV schedule is that they have someone on their board that just wrote:
The guys on the Boneyard are so rattled they are now comparing our televised schedule to theirs. I love VCU!

The only funny part about it is that they think we're literally scared about this. At the end of the day, we want Tevin... Badly. Just like they do. But we check each other's boards because we're interested in what the other fan base has to say. Not out of fear that the decision of one player is going to somehow completely redefine our program.

I figured the TV thing was more curiosity than anything else. Doldrums of summer/early fall are almost over and basketball will commence shortly. I can't wait. Recruiting is entertaining to an extent but I'm ready to watch some games.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

To be fair to them, what else do they have to hang their hat on? They are still looking to fully 'arrive'.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I figured the TV thing was more curiosity than anything else. Doldrums of summer/early fall are almost over and basketball will commence shortly. I can't wait. Recruiting is entertaining to an extent but I'm ready to watch some games.

Only because there is absolutely nothing else going on. I wouldn't give a fig if there was actual basketball to watch/discuss.

Reaction Score
We do have some reason to be nice to VCU. They whiffed on Rolando Lamb's son, and we won a title because of it. And hey, knocking off Kansas so we only had to face 8-seed Butler in the final didn't hurt our chances either.

Tevin Mack? I admit he'd be a very nice addition (shooting/floor spacing is important these days), but we didn't even know he existed a few weeks ago, until he tweeted something about being offered. If he goes somewhere else, we'll manage.

Reaction Score
I know you have to take Crystal Ball picks with a grain of salt, but I think Corey Evans is one of the guys you can trust. He just flipped his pick to UConn from Georgia.

Yea, dude seems to be very plugged in

Reaction Score
Speaking of games, figure I'll post this game here since it's applicable and the only time UConn & VCU have ever played each other:

Holy crap I LOVE the CT outline at center court. Can we please bring that back???

Reaction Score
I know you have to take Crystal Ball picks with a grain of salt, but I think Corey Evans is one of the guys you can trust. He just flipped his pick to UConn from Georgia.

Well, poop.

Reaction Score
Tevin kind of reminds me of a Joe Johnson-type player. Smooth, good shooter, can drive, not gonna wow you with athleticism like Derrick Jones but can still throw down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom