Terrence Samuel flagrant foul | The Boneyard

Terrence Samuel flagrant foul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Believe me when I say I don't want to see anyone get hurt, but I honestly think T-sams foul on Pinkston changed the game on Saturday. It sent a serious message that you can't mess with us and nothing is free inside. You gotta earn it against the Huskies!! Nova had a huge front court advantage with Ochefu and Pinkston, but they were too scared to take it inside in the second half. Settling for 3's just proved they didn't have the guts to go toe to toe (10 toes) with us in the second half. Ollie going to a smaller 5 guard lineup and playing Giffey at center blows my mind. Genius coaching

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Believe me when I say I don't want to see anyone get hurt, but I honestly think T-sams foul on Pinkston changed the game on Saturday.

You want it both ways.

Reaction Score
Believe me when I say I don't want to see anyone get hurt, but I honestly think T-sams foul on Pinkston changed the game on Saturday. It sent a serious message that you can't mess with us and nothing is free inside. You gotta earn it against the Huskies!! Nova had a huge front court advantage with Ochefu and Pinkston, but they were too scared to take it inside in the second half. Settling for 3's just proved they didn't have the guts to go toe to toe (10 toes) with us in the second half. Ollie going to a smaller 5 guard lineup and playing Giffey at center blows my mind. Genius coaching

To my way of thinking that was not a flagrant foul. It happened right in front of me and it appeared that Samuel got caught up in the air with no place to go but down onto Pinkston. Without the benefit of replay, I can't be sure but it appeared he had no choice but to come down hard somewhere.

Reaction Score
To my way of thinking that was not a flagrant foul. It happened right in front of me and it appeared that Samuel got caught up in the air with no place to go but down onto Pinkston. Without the benefit of replay, I can't be sure but it appeared he had no choice but to come down hard somewhere.
I think you're right. It was flagrant because he got his neck and shoulders to break his fall.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It was a flagrant foul - not really intentional, but flagrant.

He was out of control and was trying to save himself from an ugly fall when he grabbed on.

If there was a message being sent there, it was "I am too young to die".

Reaction Score
It was a flagrant foul - not really intentional, but flagrant.

He was out of control and was trying to save himself from an ugly fall when he grabbed on.

If there was a message being sent there, it was "I am too young to die".

^ This

Reaction Score
I sort of agree with you. to me it looked like Samuel got faked out of his jock by Pinkston, then had no place to go. Didn't seem like what was intended with the flagrant foul rule to me. You grab somebody, sure. You get faked out of your jock, not so much.

D

Deleted member 3149

From a guard with passion standpoint, Terrence Samuel 2014 is the Kemba Walker of 2009.

Reaction Score
Yeah he grabbed him around the neck/head but it definitely wasn't maliciously. TSam was caught in the air and just wanted to grab on for dear life. However, when the camera caught Pimkston's face he was clearly scared poopless.

Reaction Score
I sort of agree with you. to me it looked like Samuel got faked out of his jock by Pinkston, then had no place to go. Didn't seem like what was intended with the flagrant foul rule to me. You grab somebody, sure. You get faked out of your jock, not so much.

Didn't have a problem with the call. You grab someone by the neck, you can't complain when you get called for a flagrant.

But it's a bit much for someone to use that play as evidence that he was being a tough guy.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I thought it was flagrant but not intentional; and I agree that he was trying to save himself from a harder landing.

I also think he showed a lot of poise and confidence in that game, both of which surprised me, and I am looking forward to seeing more of that when he is back in his backyard at MSG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom