Tennessee @ Stanford - 12/21/17 (merged thread) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Tennessee @ Stanford - 12/21/17 (merged thread)

Reaction Score
More importantly what the heck is happening to the BY we have grown to love? Actual sympathetic support for the Vols? Does our hard earned discuss of that putrid color orange soften with age? Come on all you long time BY posters, spew your vitriolic retorts! By the way, I have an issue with that 1000 win postgame activities. What was with that ridiculously ugly orange jacket they gave Geno. Somebody at the HOF made a pretty bonehead decision on that color.
It's like giving an employee a big raise just before firing him/her. It hurts more that way.:)

Reaction Score
More importantly what the heck is happening to the BY we have grown to love? Actual sympathetic support for the Vols? Does our hard earned discuss of that putrid color orange soften with age? Come on all you long time BY posters, spew your vitriolic retorts! By the way, I have an issue with that 1000 win postgame activities. What was with that ridiculously ugly orange jacket they gave Geno. Somebody at the HOF made a pretty bonehead decision on that color.
I know!!!! Orange? Really?

Reaction Score
We now know what this Stanford team is capable of. They played the first half of the game like Idaho Vandals whom Tara had coached for two seasons in the 1970s before moving to Ohio State.
Tara's recruiting is hurting. With the rise of UCLA, Oregon State et al, the cardinals are no longering vacuuming west coast talent as they used to. Ditto from the rest of country where the top talent is going to UConn, ND and SCAR (with due apologies to the teams whom I have not mentioned for the lack of space). I would like to know if this has anything to do with Stanford's high academic standard? How can JPM attract so much talent and Tara cannot? I know Stanford has 5 AAs. But the days when 6 Nykesha Sales's could cool their rear ends on the Cardinal bench are over.

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Stanford did shoot foul shots. They needed to hit more of them. OT question JordyG: What well known Doo Wop group was named after the state of Connecticut?
The Robinettes? Was there such a group? Surely the doo-wop song named after Connecticut was Rockin' Robin. I give up. What band?

Reaction Score
It is a very positive thing to have Tenn back to playing well. Whether or not you are a fan, WCBB needs them to do well to build up the TV publicity and further games in the SEC and later in March to draws fannies in the seats.....Look at last nights game.Stanford had on 3000 fans in a 7300 seat arena for a team like UT.....Come on....

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
It is a very positive thing to have Tenn back to playing well. Whether or not you are a fan, WCBB needs them to do well to build up the TV publicity and further games in the SEC and later in March to draws fannies in the seats.....Look at last nights game.Stanford had on 3000 fans in a 7300 seat arena for a team like UT.....Come on....

It's also during "dead time" on campus (no students are around). *and* it was scheduled at an early start time (6pm).

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
The Robinettes? Was there such a group? Surely the doo-wop song named after Connecticut was Rockin' Robin. I give up. What band?
I used the wrong word. I should have said the nickname of Connecticut. The group was the Nutmegs, known for "The Ship Of Love" and "Story Untold".

Gate81

'Gate Grad Likes Cardinal & UConn Best
Reaction Score
It's also during "dead time" on campus (no students are around). *and* it was scheduled at an early start time (6pm).
also lots of fans just probably didn't show after recent poor performances by Stanford. Fans getting antsy -- so it was good that McPhee was back and that Fingall-Dodson were strong. The future may be very bright with those two.

JordyG

Reaction Score
I used the wrong word. I should have said the nickname of Connecticut. The group was the Nutmegs, known for "The Ship Of Love" and "Story Untold".
Always got confused between that early "Story Untold" and the later "My True Story" by The Jive Five. I saw the 5 do that live so long ago.

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score

It was a mid-week game with a 6:00 PM start time. Knowing the traffic around here - I'm not too surprised people chose to miss the game. Also, it's not like it was a UCONN game...

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Another good win by Tennessee. Not perfect, but this is a very different team from a year ago in a great way. Nared and Russell really seem to be on a mission this season knowing it’s their last shot. There appears to be a good chance Tennessee will be undefeated before their brutal 7 day stretch against South Carolina, Notre Dame and Mississippi State....that week will tell us a lot more about the Vols, but this version of Tennessee has impressed me so far.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Ha ha. Yeah, when Parker was leading Tennessee to Championships, Stanford was a perennial Final 4 team and met the Vols in the title game one year. This year's Stanford team isn't getting anywhere near the last weekend of the season.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Ha ha. Yeah, when Parker was leading Tennessee to Championships, Stanford was a perennial Final 4 team and met the Vols in the title game one year. This year's Stanford team isn't getting anywhere near the last weekend of the season.

What about the last weekend of the WNITs? :p

Plebe

Reaction Score
Seriously. If Tennessee were having a season like Stanford is right now, the crazy Tennessee fans would be rioting and burning down the arena to demand that Holly be fired. And if they have to falsely accuse someone of complicity in child rape, they'd do that too.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score

Stanford really doesn't draw very well in any sport. I'm sure it's because they're a private school and their alumni base is spread around the country.

Reaction Score
debbie downer here. that was the worst game by TN all year...which tells me Stanford is really bad...or is at least playing bad now. the LVs looked sluggish, rebounding was awful, and their defense was not as good. i am sure they are tired from the east coast to west coast long road trip. that said, i will take the win and i am so happy to see that Nared NEVER stops. she is the TRUTH!

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Stanford really doesn't draw very well in any sport. I'm sure it's because they're a private school and their alumni base is spread around the country.

It's relative, but they are usually among the tops in attendance in the Pac 12 for women's hoops and women's volleyball. There are some truly apathetic fan bases for some of those sports (I'm looking at you LA schools).

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
debbie downer here. that was the worst game by TN all year...which tells me Stanford is really bad...or is at least playing bad now. the LVs looked sluggish, rebounding was awful, and their defense was not as good. i am sure they are tired from the east coast to west coast long road trip. that said, i will take the win and i am so happy to see that Nared NEVER stops. she is the TRUTH!
Nared is a gamer, to be sure.

On edit: I typed Nared but autocorrect....:mad:

JordyG

Reaction Score
Kyla shows Z what good footwork looks like.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Lexi sighting.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I thought in many ways they played better than they did against Texas. Overall there was more composure and fewer turnovers (except for Hayes).

I thought Russell was way too passive on defense playing against inferior bigs. And yeah, the rebounding wasn't great either.

Jaime Nared has really been balling out. My one nit to pick with her is that she's not efficient. Against better teams she's shooting somewhere around 30% from the field, but getting lots of points through volume shooting plus free throws.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom