Tennessee "Fantastic Four" | The Boneyard

Tennessee "Fantastic Four"

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I was reading an article about the freshmen of Tennessee. In the article the four freshmen were discussing how they wanted to bring the team/program back to the standards of Coach Pat Summit, how they discussed amongst themselves coming to Tennessee and how they are the "Fab Four".

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I was reading an article about the freshmen of Tennessee. In the article the four freshmen were discussing how they wanted to bring the team/program back to the standards of Coach Pat Summit, how they discussed amongst themselves coming to Tennessee and how they are the "Fab Four".
They are too young to know anything about Pat. Sounds good however. Lol

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
They had a fine first exhibition game.
A good step-up for the team

Reaction Score
Sounds a bit North Carolina-ish a few years back. Can't remember how that worked out. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
It all sounds good. In fact, it sounds familiar. Nevertheless, no plan survives first contact with other WCBB teams.

Sounds familiar because a Diamond in the rough said the exact thing, for reason she came to Tenn. The irony may very well be the case, but not without Diamond. Let the games begin!

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
So far so good. :) I think the point guard position has been upgraded. I think this group can be a outstanding one. I think Davis has the potential to be a elite player.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score

Somehow I just can't see it. But maybe it's just that orange font making everything all blurry.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I hope they are an excellent team. I like that they have a respect for history and want to honor Pat, who they surely watched when they were young girls.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
Somehow I just can't see it. But maybe it's just that orange font making everything all blurry.

It's the first balanced class of elite players since the class that included Candace Parker. Elite point guard, elite shooting guard, elite small forward, and elite center. The last time TN had a highly ranked class, they did not cover all of the positions. In addition, this class is now followed up by a top 3 class. Recruiting has turned around.

The fire dumpster, as referenced here, also just signed the #2 softball class and the best class ever for the Weekly's.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
It's the first balanced class of elite players since the class that included Candace Parker. Elite point guard, elite shooting guard, elite small forward, and elite center. The last time TN had a highly ranked class, they did not cover all of the positions. In addition, this class is now followed up by a top 3 class. Recruiting has turned around.

The fire dumpster, as referenced here, also just signed the #2 softball class and the best class ever for the Weekly's.

"fire dumpster" ? Where did I insinuate that U Tenn is a fire dumpster? It was a simple word play based on the fact that the orange font was difficult to read and that as a Uconn fan I'm not about to embrace the idea of U Tenn's return to prominence based on the words of some Freshmen who haven't played a game.
Sheesh.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I think that this class was very a important class. To get Tennessee back to being a top program. Also having another good class after this one.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
"fire dumpster" ? Where did I insinuate that U Tenn is a fire dumpster? It was a simple word play based on the fact that the orange font was difficult to read and that as a Uconn fan I'm not about to embrace the idea of U Tenn's return to prominence based on the words of some Freshmen who haven't played a game.
Sheesh.
I think he may have been alluding to my calling the LV's play a dumpster fire last year. The phrase seemed to amuse some people as they picked up on it for a while.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
Sheesh.

Fair enough. They will prove it on the court and then we can talk. They look to be some of the most college ready freshmen that I've seen at TN in quite some time. It will be interesting to see how they do once faced with real competition. The early schedule is much more fitting for a young team, so they'll have some time for confidence to grow, while also learning.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
I think he may have been alluding to my calling the LV's play a dumpster fire last year. The phrase seemed to amuse some people as they picked up on it for a while.

Thanks for the explanation Nan, because I didn't get it at all. Just a lighthearted dig without much heat.
Justavisitor should be thanking you for making this board as open and accepting as it is. I've seen how they treat visitor on Volnation. I would never post there.
Aside:
Have you ever thought about bringing back your old avatar for a day (the old lady with the cup of coffee)? I like your modern ones but when someone writes HuskyNan I still think of that one.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
It will be interesting but there is a reason freshman are freshman. You may find a rare example of a freshman that excels beyond all expectations but 4? I imagine the SEC will have a say in how they develop and (ahem) coaching does matter.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
It will be interesting but there is a reason freshman are freshman. You may find a rare example of a freshman that excels beyond all expectations but 4? I imagine the SEC will have a say in how they develop and (ahem) coaching does matter.

A freshman point guard just won the NCAA title. The key is that the freshman should not be required to be the team leaders. These will have the luxury of 2 elite seniors. I'm not blaming the coaching from the past, as much as I'm blaming the personnel. You need to spread the floor with scorers and too often the TN players weren't all that great on the offensive end of the court. This is possibly the first of all of the Holly teams that can produce points at every position.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
Fair enough. They will prove it on the court and then we can talk. They look to be some of the most college ready freshmen that I've seen at TN in quite some time. It will be interesting to see how they do once faced with real competition. The early schedule is much more fitting for a young team, so they'll have some time for confidence to grow, while also learning.

Color me a touch skeptical about your team, especially with HC HW. But if that was an open hand then as you said "fair enough".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom