Tenn vs Syracuse | The Boneyard

Tenn vs Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Not positive about this, but I think that the Tennessee+Syracuse game is on ESPN3 tonight.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Yes it is on ESPN 3 if you have a subscription to SEC Network through your cable provider.

Reaction Score
And if you have a subscription to the SEC Network through your cable provider you
won't need ESPN3. Nice.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
Not positive about this, but I think that the Tennessee+Syracuse game is on ESPN3 tonight.

It's part of the SEC network package. This game will be SEC Network +, which means you have to watch the game via the watchespn app, I just use apple tv connected to my tv and it plays pretty good as long as you have a decent connection.

Syracuse will be a tough test. They like to play zone and slow the game down. They have an awesome three pointer shooter as well. If Tennessee comes out and plays crappy like they did against Penn St, then this could be a disappointing loss. With that said, I think Tennessee will come out and play well, as long as they don't get bogged down by the zone. I think you will be able to tell within the first five minutes of the game if Tennessee is going to make the same mistakes they did against Penn St. Cooper and Deshields need to be on the floor together, as they just make the offense run so much smoother. It's still early in the season and I still think we are a top five team, but another lackluster performance against syracuse will have me seriously rethinking that postition

Reaction Score
It's part of the SEC network package. This game will be SEC Network +, which means you have to watch the game via the watchespn app, I just use apple tv connected to my tv and it plays pretty good as long as you have a decent connection.

Syracuse will be a tough test. They like to play zone and slow the game down. They have an awesome three pointer shooter as well. If Tennessee comes out and plays crappy like they did against Penn St, then this could be a disappointing loss. With that said, I think Tennessee will come out and play well, as long as they don't get bogged down by the zone. I think you will be able to tell within the first five minutes of the game if Tennessee is going to make the same mistakes they did against Penn St. Cooper and Deshields need to be on the floor together, as they just make the offense run so much smoother. It's still early in the season and I still think we are a top five team, but another lackluster performance against syracuse will have me seriously rethinking that postition

I don't think Tenn played especially crappy. They are basically a brand new team from last year. There has been a general feeling among LV fans that Russell, DeShields & Cooper would be an upgrade over the 3 graduating seniors and while that may be true, the three who left took a lot of experience playing together with them.

When Tenn rolled over Central Arkansas the fans went ballistic in their expectations. Penn State isn't that great a team but they were worlds better than Tenn's first opponent. It wasn't that Tenn play poorly, rather it was a reality check.

Tenn will need time to learn to play together. DeShields hasn't practiced full court since before the WUG tryouts. I don't think Russell and DeShields have much time on the practice floor together. And as good as Cooper looks she is a freshman and will make a lot of mistakes. Tenn will be a much better team by March, more like what LV fans think they are now.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
It isn't scintillating. Becoming a favorite word as I watch WBB this year. Season needs to move along so teams get "on the same page".

OMG - Q's shirt.

Isabelle Harrison as a color commentator.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Very sloppy play from both teams. Russell doing her job really well; others not so much. Syracuse playing out of control.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
31-31 at the half.

Syracuse barely got by Rhode Island in their opener.

Reaction Score
Tenn padding offensive rebounding numbers with usual game plan - throw it up and crash the boards - works for rebounding stat when you hit only about 35%. Painful game to watch - we are SO spoiled

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I am painfully watching Diamond closely. Her gait is way off and measured and she appears to be in pain with every stride.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
On a side note, UConn's upcoming opponent Tenn-Chattanooga barely squeaked by Southern Mississippi at home by 5 points and got outscored in the 2nd Q 21-5.

Reaction Score
End of 3Q T 48 S 44. Cooper with a three at the buzzer.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Meanwhile, over at Volnation, the pack is baying very loudly behind Holly's sled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom