Tell me about your former OC TJ Weist | The Boneyard

Tell me about your former OC TJ Weist

Status
Not open for further replies.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
He has joined Harbaugh's staff as the senior offensive analyst.

Reaction Score
He is an EXCELLENT wr's coach who has been at Michigan as an Asst before. Once he got out from under the thumb of Pasqualoni and his d**khead buddy DeLeone his offense was decent. He's a good recruiter as well. Best of all he's a really really good guy who has an excellent resume!

dayooper

Reaction Score
He is an EXCELLENT wr's coach who has been at Michigan as an Asst before. Once he got out from under the thumb of Pasqualoni and his d**khead buddy DeLeone his offense was decent. He's a good recruiter as well. Best of all he's a really really good guy who has an excellent resume!

Not sure what his role will be, but I don't think he will be recruiting. What we are thinking is that he will be in the role of analyzing film and giving the coaches a head start with the strengths and weaknesses of the opposing defenses and the like.

Harbaugh is really amping up the staff at Michigan, and I think this is just the beginning. He really has been given a whole lot of leeway with his staff. Money seems to be no object and he isn't making what was previously reported (he is making about what he made his last year at San Fran). My impression was Weist was highly regarded, but I figured you all would know better.

Thanks for the info, he seems like a great addition!

Reaction Score
He IS a great addition. He is flexible when it comes to offenses.

Reaction Score
he gets WRs in space and can get players isolated in good match ups, both horizontally and vertically. I don't know how he is at scheming to pick up blitzes or run the ball.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

As mentioned by others, TJ is an OUTSTANDING WR coach. Every player that has ever played for him LOVES him. He's a stand-up guy, quality character and well spoken.

Probably the best compliment that I can give him is this: after Pasqualoni and DeLeone were finally fired, TJ took over the train wreck. The team was in shambles after years of being under-coached and under-trained and continued to lose. We were 0-9 and staring at a winless season straight in the face. With nothing to play for other than pride, TJ continued to tweak and coach and rallied the troops to win the final 3 games of the season. Not only did he hold the fort together, he actually reminded our kids what the feeling of victory felt like again. And, oh yeah, our offense actually resembled a FBS level offense in those final games too.

I wish TJ nothing but the best. He will be a great asset to Michigan.

Reaction Score
If he's just an analyst and not actually a WR coach that's surprising, to say the least.

dayooper

Reaction Score
If he's just an analyst and not actually a WR coach that's surprising, to say the least.

Harbaugh signed former Jacksonville OC Jeb Fisch as his WR coach/Passing game coordinator. We were all kinda scratching our heads on that one here. It really seems Harbaugh was looking for people with NFL experience. Everybody but DC DJ Durkin had some sore of NFL resume.

One thing I noticed is that Weist coached with Jim and John's dad, Jack at Western Kentucky. I know that they both think very highly of their father's opinion. Very happy he was very well thought of here.

Reaction Score
He will fit well here now, it's freaking cold here today.
His big thing down the stretch last year was wearing just a breathable polo shirt in 3 straight games in the 20s.

Reaction Score
Only problem with TJ is that he did not interview well to get the UConn head coaching job. Well, maybe he did and the problem was the fat guy on the other end.

TJ has a bright future.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The three game winning streak with TJ to end 2013 was one of the highlights of the past 4 years of UConn football.

#1 has to be beating Randy down at Maryland. The Michigan game was cool but we never should've lost that one.

Reaction Score
TJ has demonstrated he is a positive asset to any organization. I wish him the best of luck at Michigan. Is it enough to make me a Michigan fan. No, but when they win, it will be less annoying.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Only problem with TJ is that he did not interview well to get the UConn head coaching job. Well, maybe he did and the problem was the fat guy on the other end.

TJ has a bright future.
Nah, change was needed. TJ needed to win to be able to keep the HC gig and "the fat guy" told him so publically. By the time the last three games rolled around, the writing was on the wall.

That said, I like TJ and will always appreciate the great job he did for us. He'll end up as a HC somewhere eventually.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
If I remember correctly, it was just before signing day when TJW was brought on the staff here... So that signing day event at the Rent was the first chance to size him up and hear him speak. For whatever it's worth, my first impression of him was : this guy is going to make a heck of a head coach some day. The way he spoke, his mannerisms... Little things like having a notepad and taking notes during "just" a signing day event... He knew how to prepare, that's for sure. Most prepared guy in the room. Just seemed to have a great leader personality.

dayooper

Reaction Score
Looks like Our WR coach/Passing Game Coodinator Jed Fisch has only a 1 year contract. All of his other assistants received 2 or 3 year ones. The train of thought is that he is using the position as a bridge between OC/NFL gigs. Maybe Weist is next in line?

Reaction Score
Looks like Our WR coach/Passing Game Coodinator Jed Fisch has only a 1 year contract. All of his other assistants received 2 or 3 year ones. The train of thought is that he is using the position as a bridge between OC/NFL gigs. Maybe Weist is next in line?
Probably. Is this thread going to help us get into the Big Ten?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom