Team USA 3x3 Women's National Team Training Camp Coming Up in Springfield, Mass. | The Boneyard

Team USA 3x3 Women's National Team Training Camp Coming Up in Springfield, Mass.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Seventeen players were invited to the Camp, from Gold-Medal Winner Allisha Gray and Cameron Brink to Katie Lou Samuelson and Rhyne Howard.
Looks like some of these folks (Howard, Gray) have been double-booked for both the 5x5 and 3x3 teams, so the U.S.A. administrators are hedging their bets.

In fact, having just come over from the "Should Caitlin Clark be on the U.S.A. Olympic Squad" thread, I'm wondering if CC would also be considered for this squad?

Reaction Score
Seventeen players were invited to the Camp, from Gold-Medal Winner Allisha Gray and Cameron Brink to Katie Lou Samuelson and Rhyne Howard.
Looks like some of these folks (Howard, Gray) have been double-booked for both the 5x5 and 3x3 teams, so the U.S.A. administrators are hedging their bets.

In fact, having just come over from the "Should Caitlin Clark be on the U.S.A. Olympic Squad" thread, I'm wondering if CC would also be considered for this squad?

Has Caitlin played in any 3x3 tourneys or attended any training camps?

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Has Caitlin played in any 3x3 tourneys or attended any training camps?
She was invited to the 5x5 training camp but it -- alas -- was scheduled at the same time as the Final Four (which, of course, Iowa was in), so she hasn't made a senior training camp, to the best of my knowledge.

Reaction Score
She was invited to the 5x5 training camp but it -- alas -- was scheduled at the same time as the Final Four (which, of course, Iowa was in), so she hasn't made a senior training camp, to the best of my knowledge.
I am strictly talking about 3x3 training. I would be surprised if she was considered for 3x3 without having experience with it.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
I am strictly talking about 3x3 training. I would be surprised if she was considered for 3x3 without having experience with it.
Not to the best of my knowledge.

Agree that it's very helpful to have that experience -- 3x3 is a different game -- but it seems like the U.S.A. has a core group of guards that they want to get on these teams and are doubled up (Plum, Howard, Gray, etc.). While I think Clark can learn anything quickly, your point is well taken and would imagine that if Clark is seriously considered for the 5x5, the committee(s) would look to a Plum, Ionescu or Young for 3x3.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Wonder where the tryouts will be? I'd assume Springfield College.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Wonder where the tryouts will be? I'd assume Springfield College.
I was wrong, news said they were actually at the Basketball HOF.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Tomorrows schedule--(Double check times)
4:00 PM CANADA VS PUERTO RICO | Pool A
4:25 PM FRANCE VS FREIBURG | Pool B
4:50 PM GERMANY VS SPRINGFIELD | Pool A
5:15 PM UNITED STATES VS CALGARY | Pool B
5:40 PM PUERTO RICO VS SPRINGFIELD | Pool A
6:05 PM FREIBURG VS CALGARY | Pool B
6:30 PM CANADA VS GERMANY | Pool A
6:55 PM FRANCE VS UNITED STATES | Pool B
7:30 PM GERMANY VS PUERTO RICO | Pool A
7:55 PM UNITED STATES VS FREIBURG | Pool B
8:20 PM SPRINGFIELD VS CANADA | Pool A
8:45 PM CALGARY VS FRANCE | Pool B