Team on the court I would like to see | The Boneyard

Team on the court I would like to see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sometime in late December, after the Freshmen get some experience, I wold like to see Collier and KLS on the court with the three seniors. That should be an awesome display of speed, firepower, and defense.

Reaction Score
It's hard for me to see not playing Nurse. I think Collier have the potential to be a super sub on the UConn team this season. Or KLS could be instant offense of the bench.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Don't underestimate Boykin's talent. She may play as much or more than any of those two. But that would mean she is even more talented than I think she is. I believe she is a much stronger rebounder and inside force than Samuelson.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It's hard for me to see not playing Nurse. I think Collier have the potential to be a super sub on the UConn team this season. Or KLS could be instant offense of the bench.
I"m guessing that the OP wasn't referring to the starting lineup, but actually seeing them all on the court together. But like you said - starters will be Moriah, Kiah, Morgan and Stewie. The 5th spot is still up for grabs and there have been numerous threads on it this summer.

My bet for the 5th starter would be (in order of likelihood IMHO) - Butler, Williams, Collier, Samuelson. IF Gabby has improved her ball handling and mid range shooting, I could see her as the 2nd choice. If not, she would slide down IMHO behind the 2 freshmen. She needs to have noticeably better guard skills to be really considered for the starting lineup.

Even if Chong has improved by miles, I don't see her as a starter - she's really the only guard on the bench in my example who can play the 1.
For the record, I hope she has improved by miles and plays "like a starter".

Anyway, I sort of digressed a bit. I think we will see the OP's lineup on the court at times earlier than midseason - I bet Geno tries mixing up lineups to see how effective the team can be with different players out there.

Reaction Score
I"m guessing that the OP wasn't referring to the starting lineup, but actually seeing them all on the court together. But like you said - starters will be Moriah, Kiah, Morgan and Stewie. The 5th spot is still up for grabs and there have been numerous threads on it this summer.

My bet for the 5th starter would be (in order of likelihood IMHO) - Butler, Williams, Collier, Samuelson. IF Gabby has improved her ball handling and mid range shooting, I could see her as the 2nd choice. If not, she would slide down IMHO behind the 2 freshmen. She needs to have noticeably better guard skills to be really considered for the starting lineup.

Even if Chong has improved by miles, I don't see her as a starter - she's really the only guard on the bench in my example who can play the 1.
For the record, I hope she has improved by miles and plays "like a starter".

Anyway, I sort of digressed a bit. I think we will see the OP's lineup on the court at times earlier than midseason - I bet Geno tries mixing up lineups to see how effective the team can be with different players out there.
Your guess is correct, it not my prediction for a starting lineup, I am just anxious to see them on the court together. They might be on the court together early in the season but I want to see them after the frosh gets more practice/playing time.

Reaction Score
The 5th starter I would guess is Butler. You can't teach height. Plus Geno has made some comments in the past year about the style of offense being easier (to teach? execute?) when they had someone like Dolson in the middle. I suspect Butler becomes a Dolson-lite in a similar style of offense this year. Tuck will slide over to K's old spot and while she won't provide the same 3 point shooting prowess, the defense at that position should improve over last year.

Reaction Score
This years team is very deep but as my brother once told me. It doesn't matter who starts, it is who finishes when the game is on the line. Only problem with that is I can't see more than 3 or 4 close games in the regular season.

Reaction Score
Chong, Williams, KLS, Collier, Ekmark with Boykin coming off the bench with Pulido and Lawlor in reserve. I'd love to see that lineup play against some of the weaker AAC teams.

Reaction Score
Chong, Williams, KLS, Collier, Ekmark with Boykin coming off the bench with Pulido and Lawlor in reserve. I'd love to see that lineup play against some of the weaker AAC teams.
That would be pretty rough to watch actually. Geno said last year that he has to keep at least one starter in the game at all times. I suspect that will still hold true this year.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Sometime in late December, after the Freshmen get some experience, I wold like to see Collier and KLS on the court with the three seniors. That should be an awesome display of speed, firepower, and defense.
So you want a line up with Collier. KLS, Briana Pulido, MoJeff, and Stewie? I don't like the idea of Stewie playing center and KLS playing PF. :eek: I think you may very well see this lineup on "Senior Night".

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This years team is very deep but as my brother once told me. It doesn't matter who starts, it is who finishes when the game is on the line. Only problem with that is I can't see more than 3 or 4 close games in the regular season.
How is that a problem? :)

Reaction Score
Nurse played great last year on a NC team, HER freshman year, and then was MVP in an international tournament where she scored 33 points against much older players and you would like to replace her with a freshman who hasn't played one minute of D1 ball? I'm sure that will help our Huskies!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Your guess is correct, it not my prediction for a starting lineup, I am just anxious to see them on the court together. They might be on the court together early in the season but I want to see them after the frosh gets more practice/playing time.

Nurse played great last year on a NC team, HER freshman year, and then was MVP in an international tournament where she scored 33 points against much older players and you would like to replace her with a freshman who hasn't played one minute of D1 ball? I'm sure that will help our Huskies!

I must have missed the part where anything about replacing Nurse with inexperienced Freshmen was said. I think it is a lineup he like to see playing together (at some point during the game after the Freshmen get some experience). I'd like to see it also.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Geno's 2nd team: Boykin, Samuelson, Collier, Williams & Chong. This team would be competitive and win 20 games. If Samuelson or Collier start in lieu of Butler it would still be a winning team.

Reaction Score
So you want a line up with Collier. KLS, Briana Pulido, MoJeff, and Stewie? I don't like the idea of Stewie playing center and KLS playing PF. :eek: I think you may very well see this lineup on "Senior Night".
No, my mistake I was thinking of Tuck as being a senior, forgot she is a redshirt junior. So the group I would like to see is: 1=MoJeff, 2=Collier, 3=KLS, 4=Stewie, and 5=Tuck.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
No, my mistake I was thinking of Tuck as being a senior, forgot she is a redshirt junior. So the group I would like to see is: 1=MoJeff, 2=Collier, 3=KLS, 4=Stewie, and 5=Tuck.
I knew that already. Just having fun at your expense. I'll like to see this line up also.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Based on VERY limited clips of practices, it appeared to me that Lou is being slotted as a perimeter player, not front court.

Reaction Score
Geno's 2nd team: Boykin, Samuelson, Collier, Williams & Chong. This team would be competitive and win 20 games. If Samuelson or Collier start in lieu of Butler it would still be a winning team.
Closer to 30. Easily a top 10 team.

Reaction Score
This five will beat almost any team, no doubt....

Reaction Score
Based on VERY limited clips of practices, it appeared to me that Lou is being slotted as a perimeter player, not front court.
Probably right. Next year Tuck is going to have to play the 4 spot vacated by Stewie, so the 3 will have to be KLS. I think KLS could ultimately be a more versatile KML - similar in ability to play anywhere on the floor like Stewie due to shooting ability and height.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Probably right. Next year Tuck is going to have to play the 4 spot vacated by Stewie, so the 3 will have to be KLS.
Or Collier, or Gabby, or Tuck, or Boykin if we happen to sign Cox. IMO unless we sign another SG then KLS will stat at SG in 16-17 season.

Reaction Score
Or Collier, or Gabby, or Tuck, or Boykin if we happen to sign Cox. IMO unless we sign another SG then KLS will stat at SG in 16-17 season.
If you're going to play the 3, I think you have to be able to shoot the 3. We know KLS can, at least based on her high school experience. Tuck hopefully can become more consistent at it, but Gabby cannot unless she has some kind of shooting epiphany, and I don't think Collier or Boykin are as prolific at it as KLS.

Reaction Score
Katie Lou is a guard not a forward. De'Janae is a forward. As Katie Lou gets stronger she will be a matchup nightmare. Imagine a 6'3" guard who can handle, shoot from three and post up. How many 6'3" shooting guards are there in women's college basketball? Not many, and I doubt there are many in the WNBA.

Reaction Score
Dolson lite. Really. You watch. Natalie will be a better all-around player than Stefanie when her career is done at UConn. She's already a better rebounder and shot blocker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom