Team needed to lose this game. | The Boneyard

Team needed to lose this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As much as I hate losing it's probably better we didn't have some last second miracle in this one for the long run. Got so complacent in the second like expected they would win just because. Good to make them take a look in the mirror.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
As much as I hate losing it's probably better we didn't have some last second miracle in this one for the long run. Got so complacent in the second like expected they would win just because. Good to make them take a look in the mirror.
disagree, you sound like knight... the whole second half stanford played zone and they are big bodies, instead of penetrating or playing inside to dd or giff they settled for threes and didnt connect on any

Reaction Score
I agree. This was a really bad effort, and worse execution.

Stanford had a zone with long guards, and a slow front line. No different than many teams we've played. And we played the 2nd half like we've never seen a basket before.

They all looked like they didn't want to be there.

Reaction Score
What I saw wasn't really complacence. I just didn't see a single person who really cared whether we won or lost. Including Kevin Ollie. I saw complete indifference down to the final play. They never even made a push.

I agree that it's good we lost this game. This needs to be a wakeup call.

And I have to say, as disappointed as I was in the players, I was most disappointed in KO tonight. He took the night off and it showed.

Reaction Score
Shut up dude. We didn't need to lose... Now we go at Washington with our heads in our asses. I agree some losses can be used for improvement but that was a pathetic loss. With this colonial pilgrim conference we are in we now look like soft little puppies and not huskies. I want a KO rant.

Reaction Score
I kind of agree with the KO sentiment. Usually he's on his feet most of the game showing energy and passion. He was flat tonight as was the team. Only one loss at the end of the day. On to the next one.

Reaction Score
Need to lose? Against that team which just threw up 53? I don't think so...........

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't see how a loss solves one of the biggest issues with the team's offense, and thats Boat and Omar's inability to score vs major conf teams. They're really limiting this team's potential by not being able to step up and score in dbl figures on a consistent basis, it can't be on Bazz's shoulder's everynight.

Reaction Score
Bull.

This team has a 3000 mile flight to Seattle and possibly 6 games against Louisville and Memphis.

It took real effort to put this game in jeopardy let alone lose it. We did not need to lose this game. We should not have lost it.

Reaction Score
Bad coaching tonight, really really bad. The 2nd half issues need to be addressed, either KO can't make adjustments or what we are doing is really easy to figure out.

Either way it needs to change

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
A loss is never good. I'll take a crappy win any day.

Reaction Score
Shut up dude. We didn't need to lose... Now we go at Washington with our heads in our asses. I agree some losses can be used for improvement but that was a pathetic loss. With this colonial pilgrim conference we are in we now look like soft little puppies and not huskies. I want a KO rant.
You'd rather that Omar's shot went in and they go to Washington thinking their asses don't stink?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
What good is a KO rant now? He should have been in faces all 2nd half. And cool the shut up stuff - uncalled for

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
You should never lose a game to an inferior opponent, especially at home.

This team understands where they need improvement. A tight win or a loss won't change that.

Reaction Score
Losing when you had a nice 2nd half lead is never good. A blowout is better than what happened tonight.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I don't see how a loss solves one of the biggest issues with the team's offense, and thats Boat and Omar's inability to score vs major conf teams. They're really limiting this team's potential by not being able to step up and score in dbl figures on a consistent basis, it can't be on Bazz's shoulder's everynight.
Boat was a head case tonight - we've seen this before- he is simply not a consistent performer and will never see the league
Omar just is not ready to play- his butt needs to be on the bench until he heals or decides he is going to take the bull by the horns and play with confidence

Reaction Score
Live by the Nappier, die by the Nappier. At some point, can't keep dipping into the same old bag of tricks - the audience starts figuring it out. Would have loved to see something run there that was a bit more high percentage than a no pass, deep fade away. As great as a little player as he is, the %'s will start catching up. Trick shots to win games won't keep winning games over the long haul.

Omar Calhoun needs to start figuring things out. This team just isn't deep enough or talented enough for players like Omar to be as bad as he's been of late. Outside of Maine, who was about as good as a 35 plus YMCA coed team, Omar is 8-39 in his last 5 or so. That's 20% people - that is abysmal. To make matters worse, he doesn't bring a whole lot to the table outside of shooting. So when it's that's bad, he's a liability.

Really poor loss. This team, in this conference, needs to take every OOC win at home it can get. The SMU's and UCF's aren't going to add much to the resume.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
You'd rather that Omar's shot went in and they go to Washington thinking their asses don't stink?
why bazz gave him the shot is beyond me- giff should have been option 2

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
We should have figured out how to get Daniels more involved. He seems to need that and we need him.

Reaction Score
why bazz gave him the shot is beyond me- giff should have been option 2
That whole sequence was awful. Took 2 seconds to even secure the rebound and I'm pretty sure Stanford didn't even have anyone on the paint.

Reaction Score
Live by the Nappier, die by the Nappier. At some point, can't keep dipping into the same old bag of tricks - the audience starts figuring it out. Would have loved to see something run there that was a bit more high percentage than a no pass, deep fade away. As great as a little player as he is, the %'s will start catching up. Trick shots to win games won't keep winning games over the long haul.

Omar Calhoun needs to start figuring things out. This team just isn't deep enough or talented enough for players like Omar to be as bad as he's been of late. Outside of Maine, who was about as good as a 35 plus YMCA coed team, Omar is 8-39 in his last 5 or so. That's 20% people - that is abysmal. To make matters worse, he doesn't bring a whole lot to the table outside of shooting. So when it's that's bad, he's a liability.

Really poor loss. This team, in this conference, needs to take every OOC win at home it can get. The SMU's and UCF's aren't going to add much to the resume.

If you take away Omar good shooting games, he's a poor shooter. Really?

I agree Omar has started slowly but that is valid NOT analysis. If you take away all of Jim Brown's long runs, he is a very average back.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
We should have figured out how to get Daniels more involved. He seems to need that and we need him.
maybe dd needs to work a little harder to get himself involved. Ray nor rip would be satisfied being a statue vs a zone.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If you take away Omar good shooting games, he's a poor shooter. Really?

I agree Omar has started slowly but that is valid NOT analysis. If you take away all of Jim Brown's long runs, he is a very average back.

I can't decide if he's calling him "Nappier" on purpose or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom