Te'a Cooper to Announce College Choice Thurs 6 PM | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Te'a Cooper to Announce College Choice Thurs 6 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
It is a big decision for these kids. I say "let them enjoy the moment" and quit taking swipes at 16 and 17 year old girls. We live in a much more social media driven world than in the past so this seems like the norm to these players.

I am just ready for one of them to announce that she has chose Baylor.

Good point ETT - I sometimes forget how old I am and that the norms have changed over the years.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Somehow I think this type of behavior is the reason Stewie hasn't dunked yet..... attention. Some kids want it, others don't want to set themselves apart from their team. These kids also might be getting some advice from parents and piers and doing it to satisfy them.
Geno guaranteed that Stewie would dunk while she's at UConn.

I'm not getting all the hating on these kids. They've busted their butts for 10-12 years and earned a scholarship. Let them have their moment in the sun.

Reaction Score
I agree with RadyLady - an unnecessarily strong reaction to LV's post. LV might have been a bit sensitive but a lot of the posts were certainly dismissive in their tone - at least as I read them. Not all of course, but a bunch of them in the first part of thread. I think it's okay to cut our visitors some slack.

The poster claimed 2 pages of criticism directed at Cooper. Since there were only 2 pages LadyVol was certainly talking about every post in thread. There were several "I could care less" posts but they in no way were critical of Cooper herself and there were more "good luck to her" posts than "what a Diva" posts.

I try to be civil to everyone. But I guess I've read too many posts from LV fans over the years that miss-represent what has been posted here. The poster was being snarky and was generalising an entire thread based on a couple of posts. I highlighted the statement I had a problem with. Do you think it was accurate?

Let's consider these posts:

"While I'm not a huge fan of all this hoopla over announcement events, I do chuckle at the implied notion that no UConn player has ever wanted some attention."

"Didn't UConn hold off on announcing Tahirah Williams verbal just so Renee could be the first ? Methinks if that happened at another school, this board would have deriding Renee as a primadonna, etc."

"I thought I saw a Stokes "press conference" a few years back... am I wrong?"

"I think Charde had a press conference."

"So is this any different than Senior night in college? They work hard for 4 years and then their school applauds their effort and excitement...getting a scholarship / or a degree...How many of the thousands of players in college actually win a championship to be as excited again?"

"These press conferences are not meant to wow the average college fan, but are mainly a celebration for their family, classmates, and close friends. Unless you've attended one, like Eric mentioned, you might not understand. In many cases, it's others that ask and beg them to allow them to have the celebration. It's similar to family's that demand their kids have a graduation party. There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to have a day to celebrate one of the most important decisions in their lives."

How did LadyVol miss these? Many of these posts expressed exactly the same sentiment as LadyVol's post but didn't start with the same generalization.

I think all these posts came prior to: "2 pages of criticizing Cooper for making an official announcement?"

If I have a problem with a post I quote it and respond to that post. I don't generalize it to include an entire thread. In my response I tried to use humor to point out that LadtVol was being inaccurate. Sorry if you think it was too much.

Reaction Score
Geno guaranteed that Stewie would dunk while she's at UConn.

I'm not getting all the hating on these kids. They've busted their butts for 10-12 years and earned a scholarship. Let them have their moment in the sun.
Please explain how I was hating anyone. Implying some need attention and some don't?

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
The poster claimed 2 pages of criticism directed at Cooper. Since there were only 2 pages LadyVol was certainly talking about every post in thread. There were several "I could care less" posts but they in no way were critical of Cooper herself and there were more "good luck to her" posts than "what a Diva" posts.

I try to be civil to everyone. But I guess I've read too many posts from LV fans over the years that miss-represent what has been posted here. The poster was being snarky and was generalising an entire thread based on a couple of posts. I highlighted the statement I had a problem with. Do you think it was accurate?

"While I'm not a huge fan of all this hoopla over announcement events, I do chuckle at the implied notion that no UConn player has ever wanted some attention."

"Didn't UConn hold off on announcing Tahirah Williams verbal just so Renee could be the first ? Methinks if that happened at another school, this board would have deriding Renee as a primadonna, etc."

"So is this any different than Senior night in college? They work hard for 4 years and then their school applauds their effort and excitement...getting a scholarship / or a degree...How many of the thousands of players in college actually win a championship to be as excited again?"

"These press conferences are not meant to wow the average college fan, but are mainly a celebration for their family, classmates, and close friends. Unless you've attended one, like Eric mentioned, you might not understand. In many cases, it's others that ask and beg them to allow them to have the celebration. It's similar to family's that demand their kids have a graduation party. There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to have a day to celebrate one of the most important decisions in their lives."

How did LadyVol miss these? Many of these posts expressed exactly the same sentiment as LadyVol's post but didn't start with the same generalization.

I think all these posts came prior to: "2 pages of criticizing Cooper for making an official announcement?"

If I have a problem with a post I quote it and respond to that post. I don't generalize it to include an entire thread. In my response I tried to use humor to point out that LadtVol was being inaccurate. Sorry if you think it was too much.

Well, that's part of the charm of these things - we wouldn't be here posting on a board like this (or any other team's) unless we had a certain degree of passion for the team we support. And sometimes we'll get a little strong in how we say things. Just to clarify, I wasn't mad or angry - I just thought some of the wording in the response was a bit stronger than what I read into the LV's post. In the scheme of things, not a big deal. Appreciate your clarifying where you were coming from.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score

YOUR post was humorous? I read not nice stuff in your post, hence my remarks. had it been funny, I would have laughed. I saw nothing wrong with LV's post, and I thought the point valid.

Reaction Score
I thought I saw a Stokes "press conference" a few years back... am I wrong?
Yeah I saw that too. But if that was what more of these events were like, they wouldn't have such a bad reputation. Kia's Dad put out so much love and respect for his daughter, it made me happy that UConn gets not only good kids, but good families.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score

this thread was going downhill fast... point blank, lets not act like it wasnt. those "didnt Kiah, Renee and Tahirah" comments were made to pump the brakes.

I think the news is another recruit is about to announce, whether its to UConn or UHart... posters want news, bottom line.

Does anyone knows when Asia Durr is going to announce... and will you be tuned in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom