Taysum Hill is very scary | The Boneyard

Taysum Hill is very scary

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

This video gives me Pat White/Denard Robinson type nightmares.

I'm happy Edsall isn't coaching this game :)

Diaco & Poindexter are going to have to keep this guy out of open spaces. Maybe have Obi be his shadow?

Reaction Score
This is exactly what I talked about in my other post. Watch his first run at 0:45. The Saftey, LB and DE all crash on Williams. No one covers Hill. Of course he is going for a TD.

1:30 - interception. He looks at the same reciever the whole way. Get used to that. Terrible pocket passer. That ball was two yards short (his forte) and two yards to the right. For someone who was set in the pocket, feet set, watched the reciever the whole way...terrible passer.

1:45 - What did I tell you? Put a safety spy on him. Force him to stay in the pocket and if he leaves, force him to the middle of the field.

2:35 - Texas brings the two OLB on a blitz. The right side DE and LB fill the same gap and run 5 yards too far up field. Don't worry about his passing. Worry about contain. He is too good of a runner. Stay in your lanes.

4:03 - no contain.

Contain Hll. Don't worry about his passing. Let him pass. Contain, contain, contain. Don't let him run.

Reaction Score
See how you defend Hill:

0:30 - Honeycutt #25 didn't play for Utah last year except for this game. His only job was to spy Hill. No matter what happens, spy Hill. Hit Hill. Contain Hill.

0:35 - again, Honeycutt's job: Hit Hill.

2:52 - Don't let Hill get out of the pocket. Contain, contain, contain.

4:15 - contain Hill, hit him. Contain, contain, contain.

4:38 - Make Hill throw the ball. 2 yards short. His forte.

4:50 - Contain Hill. Make him hand the ball off.

5:10 - Make Hill stay in the pocket.

6:30 - Make hill pass. Short and away from the reciever.

6:50 - Have a defender spy Hill. The second he leaves the pocket, hit him.

7:10 - Make Hill throw. Again, short, interception.

Reaction Score
Vs Wisconsin:

0:20 - Safety spy on Hill.

0:30 - Make Hill stay in the pocket. Int.

1:15 - contain, contain, contain with a spy.

1:55 - keep him in the pocket.

2:15 - keep him in the pocket.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score

This video gives me Pat White/Denard Robinson type nightmares.

I'm happy Edsall isn't coaching this game :)

Diaco & Poindexter are going to have to keep this guy out of open spaces. Maybe have Obi be his shadow?

Pat White? Come on. This guy is Tyler Lorenzen. He does not overly impress me at all.

Reaction Score
This guy can run. He is not Tyler Lorenson. I don't think Diaco et al will overlook him!

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Much more elusive than Lorenzen. In the very limited film I've seen, he stares his receivers down. We need to stay disciplined, maintain our assignments and make him force the ball into coverage.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Hill is much more nimble than Lorenzen, that comparison was a little TIC. That said, I don't really think he is super dynamic. He's a big kid, and is definitely good on his feet, but I don't think he should be too much to handle. I think we'll get, at least, 1 pick on him.

Reaction Score
It's some good technical football analysis by Cougarlover at the beginning of the thread. UCONN fans would be smart to forward the videos and information to the Huskies coaching staff so your team can stop Hill in his tracks from running. This of course assuming he's not suspended like a lot of people think he will be for at least the first game.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
I'm sure every piece of video on this guy has been reviewed by Diaco and his staff a billion times, trying to remember what Diaco did at his last job? Hmmmm??

Reaction Score
Taysum and Pat White have about the same 40 yard dash times. Both sub 4.6
I think he is more like a Tim Tebow. He is very comfortable behind that oline. He k ows he has time and he knows where his holes are. . Stopping him will be a task. A bigger task for us is scoring points. We dint want to match fg for touchdowns vs byu

Reaction Score
I'm sure every piece of video on this guy has been reviewed by Diaco and his staff a billion times, trying to remember what Diaco did at his last job? Hmmmm??
Nd played and beat them last year

Reaction Score
Pat White? No. Absolutely not. And there is no Steve Slaton behind him either. BYU will be a very tough task, but the WVU which eventually paired Slaton with Devine as well was off the charts good - probably among the most potent offenses in college football over the last 10-15 years. That is not the task at hand.

Reaction Score
Actually, Lorenzen is a very good comparison. Tall, good straight ahead speed, strong, limited passer. Hill is more agile on the move and thus more elusive, but other than that they are pretty similar.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Taysum and Pat White have about the same 40 yard dash times. Both sub 4.6

I hate being right in cases like this.

He is a great college QB

Reaction Score
I hate being right in cases like this.

He is a great college QB
The D scheme tonight was designed to make him run. The times they tried to pressure he beat them over the top. Not a Heisman finalist but in the top 20% of college QBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom