Taylor Olmstead just drafted | The Boneyard

Taylor Olmstead just drafted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Round 13 by Texas.

uh oh

400th pick - money is very likely less than $100k (probably $90k range), years of riding buses as just another corner outfielder versus quality education and ability to improve stock playing for UConn.... I hope it's not a uh-oh.

Reaction Score
Anyone have a list of the expected guys coming in next year?

Reaction Score
The other incoming recruits thought to be drafted were Zapata & Kay, pitchers from NY. So far, neither has been picked. Sullivan & Ruotolo from Mass also not picked yet, though scouts attended most of their games.
These are the only incoming recruits thought to be drafted.

Reaction Score
The other incoming recruits thought to be drafted were Zapata & Kay, pitchers from NY. So far, neither has been picked. Sullivan & Ruotolo from Mass also not picked yet, though scouts attended most of their games.
These are the only incoming recruits thought to be drafted.

Ha - Anthony Kay just got drafted by the Mets in the 29th round with pick #866.

Reaction Score
greenwichpost 12:51pm via bitly
#Greenwich's #Olmstead chooses #UCONN over Texas #Rangers. #MLBdraft #MLB #UConnHuskies @MLB #FCIAC #ctbase

Post original url/12jxCYf

>>And now Greenwich resident and recent GHS graduate Taylor Olmstead can take a deep breath and enjoy his summer, while University of Connecticut head baseball coach Jim Penders will have a smile on his face during the Fourth of July weekend.

After facing the incredibly difficult choice of signing with Major League Baseball’s Texas Rangers or attending UConn in the fall, Olmstead decided that his best option is to play baseball with the Huskies.>>

>>“It was a very tough decision, Olmstead said. “In the end, the big thing was that going to UConn, I was going to get my education, go to school and play for a great program that has great coaches. Hopefully I will help them get better and I will only improve my skills. I couldn’t be more excited to be playing for Connecticut.”

Reaction Score
My guess is Anthony Kay will enter UConn too. The Mets are around $200,000 over allotment and Kay hasn't signed yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom