Taurasi Must PLAY!!!!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Taurasi Must PLAY!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Taurasi has hardly missed a game since she arrived in Storrs. If she says she is injured it should take more than blatant speculation for anyone to jump to the conclusion that she isn't injured. I seem to remember that LA managed to have a horrid season the year Parker was coming out, and I don't remember a word about tanking. And that star-filled franchise also managed to get the 1st pick last year and landed Nneka. Now it may be that DT is injured enough to be out but decided to play through the injury because it was the Olympics. How many times have we heard a player explain that while he is going to be out a couple of weeks he would play if it were the playoffs? Only she and her doctor are in a position to know.

But of course that story is kind of boring, isn't it.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
I responded to your comment excusing Clay from asking the questions. Gospel reported everything Clay did, but in a less inflammatory manner.

I think Clay could have taken a more journalistic and less preachy track, don't you? People would have still read his stuff, maybe not quite as many as those that he is continuing to prod into a lather about this.

Anyway, I've said my piece, no point in continuing by either of us before someone gets mad. :)

Clay's piece was an opinion piece. It was his opinion, and it was how he chose to write it.

Gospel? Is that your auto-correct? Or does your mobile device just have a very high opinion of Voepel? :)

Reaction Score
Clay's piece was an opinion piece. It was his opinion, and it was how he chose to write it.

Gospel? Is that your auto-correct? Or does your mobile device just have a very high opinion of Voepel? :)

My iPad apparently thinks quite highly of Mechelle.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I think it's pretty goofy to attack someone for writing an opinion piece that 1) has an opinion and 2) is designed to draw traffic. I know magazines that deliberately wrote about UConn players in order to do that. I know Mel uses UConn as a draw. I know DishSwish posts links on the 'yard and rebkell to draw readers. In fact, you missed an op by not putting a link within your "I asked Corey" comment.

That both Clay and Gospel both wrote about the topic indicates it's a hot one - heck, look how it got DS riled up!

People have often pointed out that wbball writers don't take risks. It's a small world, they don't want piss the client off. (though, it seems to me the client should be busy courting writers and giving them nice gifts). Clay never has worried about that - agree or disagree with him.

I guess tanking is de rigeur -- if i were a 'erc fan I'd be wanting a refund 'cause Taurasi is who I paid to see....

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Still hoping for us to get EDD. Season Tickets here I come...if that were to happen. :D

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
To me, it seemed highly likely that the Phx brass was encouraging DT not to play when she showed no signs of injury during the Olympics. How many players are 100%? Everyone is probably battling some sort of injury at this point. As much as I respect DT, which I have posted many times, I find this absence from the WNBA to be the complete opposite of her character and likely not her decision. The WNBA is not stable enough for its biggest star to tank a season. I find this whole situation distasteful and unethical. It makes me hope that BG ends up anywhere but Phoenix.

Reaction Score
Did we not just hear this week A Jones say (paraphrasing) "I wouldn't miss the Olympics no matter how much it hurt. NOW I'll heal".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom