Tarris Reed commits! | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Tarris Reed commits!

Reaction Score
I love this kid. Size, speed, athleticism and he wants to work. He’s the perfect combination.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
9/7 a game at a dumpster fire. Just imagine what he will be like at a place with some order
This. Look at the tape on him to see his strength and athleticism. Hurley's offense will get him easier opportunities and his stat line will go up. And that's without taking into consideration the impact better coaching will have on his game.

Reaction Score
I feel like he's the Goldilock's middle bear between Sam and Don in terms of skills and physical make-up and I'm excited to see what the Hurley improvement bump is going to turn him into.

Reaction Score
Reminds me of Sanogo, physical bully in the paint I just hope he develops Adama's touch...

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Reminds me of Sanogo, physical bully in the paint I just hope he develops Adama's touch...
Do not get your hopes up that high. He’s got potential to be a solid player with development, but he doesn’t have anything that made Sanogo an all time great, besides the size.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
The two years left is nice... I think he's going to be a really good player for us right away and then to have another year? Sweet.
It’s perfect. This year Johnson and Reed. Next year Reed and Singare. May the circle be unbroken….

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
After watching what’s available online, my takeaways.

Positives:

Sets massive screens: Excited to see what we can do with that.

Relentless on the boards: When Samson is struggling to rebound, this will be important. His physicality should wear down opposing bigs, especially if he’s coming off the bench.

Hustles and protects the rim: Overly ambitious sometimes, coaching will hopefully help him narrow down those errors. But I liked what I saw defensively.

Doesn’t foul: Pretty self explanatory. Plays solid defense without fouling, that’s big considering who our starter is.

Negatives:

Turnovers: Especially in the post, travels a ton, I don’t think he’ll get any designed post touches in our offense. Some bad hands moments.

Touch: No way around it, some of his misses near the rim were tragic. Reminds me of Carlton in that way.

Overall: I like the pickup, he’s got tons of upside, and does some things well despite his mediocre prior coaching. I envision him being crucial in screening shooters open with Clingan leaving. That was always the under appreciated part of Clingans impact, it’s crucial to our offense. Even if Samson gets bigger and improves with physicality, we’re gonna have matchups where he can’t handle the size disadvantage, Reed will be important there.

Reaction Score
I think his impact will be a lot more like Sanogo than Carlton, and I liked Josh alot!!

Reaction Score
This was a good scouting report from last season (before his sophomore year). Pretty much nails all the things our staff looks for in a center, so I think we can chalk up his performance to Juwan Howard being one of the worst coaches in the country. Our staff is going to do great things for Tarris - there is unlimited potential here

Reaction Score
"We are very excited to have a big man with Tarris' high major experience join our program," head coach Dan Hurley said. "His size, talent and athleticism at the center position gives us the potential to continue receiving tremendous production from that spot - which has contributed so much to our success the last two years. His work ethic fits perfectly into the culture we've established and we are really looking forward to Tarris' career as a Husky."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom