Tar Heels vs. Louisville in Connecticut | The Boneyard

Tar Heels vs. Louisville in Connecticut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
I hate Louisville and hope they lose this match up if it takes place.

Reaction Score
We want Louisville to win every game except the 2 or 3 times they play us.

Reaction Score
If i lived in ct id go make a night of it...little gambling watch that game, anyone going?

Reaction Score
Calamari and Pitino. I live in Woodbury. Not to far from my road in Watertown is a stretch of Rte. 63 we call Car Dealers Alley. I think there are 9-10 very good sized dealerships equally distributed on both sides of the road. Corey Shaker(Shaker Lincoln-Mercury/Family Ford) is doing so well(apparently) that the president of Ford Motor Company himself(Alan Mulally) paid the dealership a visit last month. There was another top Ford guy there as well but his name/position escape me. At any rate, I think it would be a stellar idea if the two head coaches took their teams for a tour of the area while they are in Connecticut. That way, when they(the players) get those unexplainable urges to buy a new car during practice sessions or pre-game speeches, they will understand that there is nothing wrong with them. I've heard that these urges are a particular problem in the Kentucky program even extending to recruits AND their families. Not to worry fellas. It's all good. :)

GO HUSKIES!!!
conn-12-mast-left-m-baskbl.png

Reaction Score
Thats been a solid tournament the last few years. Ohio State played in it last year and UK played in it the year they won the national championship. This year probably has the best field with the UNC-Louisville matchup. Ive never been but that may have to change this year. Its good that you get to see teams play that obviously dont come around here that often.

Reaction Score
UConn needs to get into this the next year they don't have a pre season tournament scheduled.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
We want Louisville to win every game except the 2 or 3 times they play us.

Could end up playing 4 times if the cards fall that way

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Just bought 2 tickets behind the basket for $15 each before fees. Cannot beat the price for good basketball.

UNC-Louisville (probably) for $15 behind the basket, plus another game. Keep that in mind with the UConn-Eastern Washington prices in Bridgeport.

Reaction Score
Just bought 2 tickets behind the basket for $15 each before fees. Cannot beat the price for good basketball.

UNC-Louisville (probably) for $15 behind the basket, plus another game. Keep that in mind with the UConn-Eastern Washington prices in Bridgeport.
Did you buy them because of my post or did you know this potential matchup and intended on buying them anyway?

zls44

Reaction Score
Did you buy them because of my post or did you know this potential matchup and intended on buying them anyway?

I was going to buy them walk up, since most of these in-season tournaments are half-full arenas. When I saw the price, I said screw it and just bought two.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
My biggest issue with this article is that beneath the picture at the top of the article, the caption says that both of these teams are "blue-bloods." I'll agree with half of that statement, but don't try to sell me on Louisville being a blue-blood. I get that they've been around for a while, but if we're not considered a true blue-blood with the success we've had over the past 20+ years, then there's no way whatsoever that I'm buying into Louisville being one.

zls44

Reaction Score
My biggest issue with this article is that beneath the picture at the top of the article, the caption says that both of these teams are "blue-bloods." I'll agree with half of that statement, but don't try to sell me on Louisville being a blue-blood. I get that they've been around for a while, but if we're not considered a true blue-blood with the success we've had over the past 20+ years, then there's no way whatsoever that I'm buying into Louisville being one.

They have 10 Final Fours and 3 National Championships. Not sure what else you need to be considered for the list.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
They have 10 Final Fours and 3 National Championships. Not sure what else you need to be considered for the list.
You have to subtract 1 from both of your numbers (9 Final Fours and 2 National Titles) unless you're going way further back then where I can get my info. It doesn't really make it any less impressive, but my point is not that Louisville doesn't have an illustrious history, it's that if you think Louisville's history is worthy of the title "blue-blood" then ours is too. Especially over the past 2.5 decades.

Reaction Score
I paid $35 a ticket for the fifth row mid court. If you're a fan of college basketball I don't know how you don't go. Two top 10 teams for ridiculously low prices.

Just for comparison I paid $50 a ticket for row 20 for UConn vs. Eastern Washington in Bridgeport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom