Tapatalk disabled? | The Boneyard

Tapatalk disabled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Have been trying to use Tapatalk the past two days and just get an error message saying "Tapatalk has been disabled on this forum". Anyone else experiencing this?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Yea, I've been getting the same thing.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Have been trying to use Tapatalk the past two days and just get an error message saying "Tapatalk has been disabled on this forum". Anyone else experiencing this?
Tapatalk will no longer run this site. The site is now supported by Forum Runner. (available on your app store) It's a 1.99 app. I've downloaded it and it is very much like Tapatalk with some differences. I'm still getting to know it.

See this thread from a couple days ago

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Can you explain to me the reasons/advantage of using either Tapatalk which basically found useless or Forum Runner. I just don't understand why they are better than just using a browser?

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Can you explain to me the reasons/advantage of using either Tapatalk which basically found useless or Forum Runner. I just don't understand why they are better than just using a browser?
If you access the site from a small screen and/or limited bandwidth, a special app will run faster and be more readable. By design they make the text larger and formatted for the small scree and reduces the amount of data downloaded in operation.

If you are on a moderate sized screen (tablet) with good bandwidth I see no advantages.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Tapatalk will no longer run this site. The site is now supported by Forum Runner. (available on your app store) It's a 1.99 app. I've downloaded it and it is very much like Tapatalk with some differences. I'm still getting to know it.

Thanks Biff. I'll have to take a look at Forum Runner.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I like the push notifications they offer to the tablet

Reaction Score
So those of us who purchased Tapatalk for the Boneyard are now SOL?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
So those of us who purchased Tapatalk for the Boneyard are now SOL?
Welcome to the realities of modern technology. Obsolescence is just part of the reality.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
If you access the site from a small screen and/or limited bandwidth, a special app will run faster and be more readable. By design they make the text larger and formatted for the small scree and reduces the amount of data downloaded in operation.

If you are on a moderate sized screen (tablet) with good bandwidth I see no advantages.

Probably just has't bothered me when using small screens being near-sighted and the inconvenience of yet another app was just irritating. Thanks, biff.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
The new mobile style accomplishes all of this.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

mad man.gif

At least now I know what the problem was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members