TAMU is pounding SC at the half | The Boneyard

TAMU is pounding SC at the half

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
#20 NC St pounded #17 Fla St, 80-57
Wolfpack look to be for real.

Easy wins for Duke (over VA), ND (over Pitt), NC (over Clem), Penn St (over Ohio St).

SC has closed it to 11.

Reaction Score
Minn leads #18 Neb 42-34.
Tenn up 3 at half on Miss St

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
According to gamecast, Simmoms did not stsrt and had only two shots in first half; 0/2.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
SC seems to have fallen a bucket short in O/T

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Georgia finally got its first SEC win in its 5th try, as both the Bulldogs and Arkansas are at 1-4 in conference. The teams were 12-1 and 13-0 respectively outside the SEC with their puffy schedules.

Reaction Score
TN gonna hang on against Miss St. Bulldogs stayed within 3 to 6 pts for most of the 2nd half, but couldnt get closer.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Almost a bad loss by A&M who played South Carolina ranked 8th. A&M is ranked 25th and this was an upset win, but after South Carolina's poor play in the 1st half A&M had a 17 point lead. The reason IMHO it would have been a bad loss, is that SC didn't play outstanding defense to get back into the game, A&M made poor offensive decisions and missed wide open shots. Played a lot of one on one ball in the 2nd half, instead of passing to look for the open player. South Carolina played their normal game in the 2nd half making shots they missed in the 1st half and their bigs were able to play more minutes.

A&M has some athletic guards and if they're hitting their shots and making sound decisions could cause some higher ranked teams problems in the tournament. That's what they did in the 1st half tonight and then managed to hold on to beat South Carolina in OT. South Carolina probably wins this game if it was played on their home court.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I love it when South Carolina and Tennessee don't appear to be as strong a program as the defending national champions. We *do* still have a big-time recruiting opportunity, after all...

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Almost a bad loss by A&M who played South Carolina ranked 8th. A&M is ranked 25th and this was an upset win, but after South Carolina's poor play in the 1st half A&M had a 17 point lead. The reason IMHO it would have been a bad loss, is that SC didn't play outstanding defense to get back into the game, A&M made poor offensive decisions and missed wide open shots. Played a lot of one on one ball in the 2nd half, instead of passing to look for the open player. South Carolina played their normal game in the 2nd half making shots they missed in the 1st half and their bigs were able to play more minutes.

A&M has some athletic guards and if they're hitting their shots and making sound decisions could cause some higher ranked teams problems in the tournament. That's what they did in the 1st half tonight and then managed to hold on to beat South Carolina in OT. South Carolina probably wins this game if it was played on their home court.

But it wasn't. Just like Tennessee would have beaten Vanderbilt if Harrison played more. She didn't.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The only SC game I watched (and only the first half) was against UNC and I was really surprised in a negative way. I didn't think they were running good offense or playing particularly sound defense. A bunch of shake and bake by the guards leading to bad shots. So ...? Has anyone watched more of their games and gotten a better feeling - seems to me that UNC and A&M are both games they 'should' win if they are well coached and have decent skill. Or are these just bad nights for a better team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom