talking heads 2night (tweet them asap) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

talking heads 2night (tweet them asap)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As a courtesy to the rest of us, when you're attacking someone with full guns blazing, would you mind replying to his post so we don't all have to look back and make sure you are not in fact attacking us?

Thank you for your cooperation.

And if you think that's attacking with full guns blazing, you're funnier than Dan.

Reaction Score
In a world without HuskyFanDan...

Sean - "Wow, Jay, this is some game between the #1 Louisville Cardinals, about whom I cannot say enough good things, and another team made of mostly smaller people dressed in blue and white!"

Jay - "It sure is, Sean! I was just checking the Twitter and those Cardinal fans just love to send me Tweets so I am gonna spend the next 120 minutes jacking them off with my words!"

Sean - "Someone call Rick Pitino 'cuz I just dribbled down my leg!"

BWAHAHAHA!!!

Jealous bastages

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
In a world without HuskyFanDan...

Sean - "Wow, Jay, this is some game between the #1 Louisville Cardinals, about whom I cannot say enough good things, and another team made of mostly smaller people dressed in blue and white!"

Jay - "It sure is, Sean! I was just checking the Twitter and those Cardinal fans just love to send me Tweets so I am gonna spend the next 120 minutes jacking them off with my words!"

Sean - "Someone call Rick Pitino 'cuz I just dribbled down my leg!"

this was typical fishy quality. bravo

Post what you want, I could care less, I actually think you make UCONN fans look like buffoons (it's my opinion, which doesn't make it right or wrong, it just is) and you may and certainly have every right to feel the same way about me.

My point was that you seem to think that you're smarter or have more vision than anyone else on the forum or at UCONN and I'm guessing that there are some pretty smart folks on here or at UCONN with considered perspectives. I certainly don't agree with many or even most of the decisions that UCONN makes related to marketing the athletic department or individual teams, but I'm also aware the they know things that are likely critical to whatever decision they've made. I'll never be privy to that information so I'm not going to be able to provide more than my opinion. Clouding that opinion in absolutes is where the train jumps the tracks.

I actually think that you're a neophyte when it comes to understanding social media, don't mistake quantity for quality. Having meaningful content is pretty important to engage people. Just because you're putting it out there doesn't mean you're engaging folks (take most display ads - you every pay attention to the display ads on the Boneyard?).

But please keep posting on here because often it provides me with comic relief after a fairly tiresome day.

i think your confusing the issue. one is a kid(3rd grader) with a twitter account and a uconn passion vs a athletic department with 100 employees, millions of dollars and many other assets.

i have a bit of vision and a bunch of ideas. many others here also do. i talk with several ppl here weekly, hell daily about things not pubically on the boards. i know i'm just a college kid education/expierence wise. and i know the way i type here. there are a good amount of ppl here that i would love to see work at uconn, they would do great things. part of the reason is becuase the ppl(some of them) in charge now suck so bad.

if u held up my resume vs bl's u would probally offer me a intern position and him the ad job. i'm not stupid. but who is to say he is really the right guy and why? college athletics is a big $ business we all know. but its also a extremely unique business, like no other. it seems to me that many times ppl fail or just flat line becuase they can't handle the simple aspects of it as they dont value things correctly. this goes back to extremely simple things. a uconn tshirt. worth to the ad? 3 dam dollars. to the school? 300k. little kid gets a uconn tshirt for christmas. his aunt gets it for him, she lives in ct and watches games. womens games. kid doesn't know much sports wise yet. its got a big stupid fluffy dog on the front of it and a nike swoosh and block c with bball in it logo on the sleeve. tell me how many times the kid wears that shirt outside the house? kid throws it in the closet and gets on with his afternoon of legos and such. (i'm not a dog hater in gereral, i own a dog. i firgure one of u are peta crazies the way u post here so just to ge tthat out of the way) or kid gets a connecticut football shirt. dark blue nice lettering. wear it out the house once, goes to his friends house after school and the kids some how end up throwing the football around. one thing leads to another and maybe they watch a game or 2 on tv the next fall. then some more dots and they play pop warner(he went to temple if u didn't know that....greatest program ever back in the day). now for his birthday his parent sget him tickets to the uconn vs psu fball game at the rent. we have a new uconn fan for sure. then he gets to hs. starts to become a nice atlete in hs.nothing special. goes on to have a great 4 years. time to go to college. guess the colleges he is considering on going to and where he goes? he goes to uconn. a $3 shirt turned into 4 or 5 years of ......

Reaction Score

i think your confusing the issue. one is a kid(3rd grader) with a twitter account and a uconn passion vs a athletic department with 100 employees, millions of dollars and many other assets.

i have a bit of vision and a bunch of ideas. many others here also do. i talk with several ppl here weekly, hell daily about things not pubically on the boards. i know i'm just a college kid education/expierence wise. and i know the way i type here. there are a good amount of ppl here that i would love to see work at uconn, they would do great things. part of the reason is becuase the ppl(some of them) in charge now suck so bad.

if u held up my resume vs bl's u would probally offer me a intern position and him the ad job. i'm not stupid. but who is to say he is really the right guy and why? college athletics is a big $ business we all know. but its also a extremely unique business, like no other. it seems to me that many times ppl fail or just flat line becuase they can't handle the simple aspects of it as they dont value things correctly. this goes back to extremely simple things. a uconn tshirt. worth to the ad? 3 dam dollars. to the school? 300k. little kid gets a uconn tshirt for christmas. his aunt gets it for him, she lives in ct and watches games. womens games. kid doesn't know much sports wise yet. its got a big stupid fluffy dog on the front of it and a nike swoosh and block c with bball in it logo on the sleeve. tell me how many times the kid wears that shirt outside the house? kid throws it in the closet and gets on with his afternoon of legos and such. (i'm not a dog hater in gereral, i own a dog. i firgure one of u are peta crazies the way u post here so just to ge tthat out of the way) or kid gets a connecticut football shirt. dark blue nice lettering. wear it out the house once, goes to his friends house after school and the kids some how end up throwing the football around. one thing leads to another and maybe they watch a game or 2 on tv the next fall. then some more dots and they play pop warner(he went to temple if u didn't know that....greatest program ever back in the day). now for his birthday his parent sget him tickets to the uconn vs psu fball game at the rent. we have a new uconn fan for sure. then he gets to hs. starts to become a nice atlete in hs.nothing special. goes on to have a great 4 years. time to go to college. guess the colleges he is considering on going to and where he goes? he goes to uconn. a $3 shirt turned into 4 or 5 years of ......

What the **** are you talking about??

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
anyone watching sportscenter right now? what did jay just say? guess a simple fracking tweet didn't hurt. thank god as i thought my tweet was going to blow up france the way u couple of losers went off here.

Reaction Score

I'm actually not confusing anything, there's a lot of assumptions in there.

I've actually had the privilege and pain of working with all of the leagues, broadcast and cable networks for my entire working life in sports marketing (I'm probably a bit younger than you think I am) and have seen the transition from traditional media to the current digital/social side. I also have more than a passing familiarity with how the revenue model works for consumer products at NCAA institutions and how the various partners from the retailers, suppliers, clc, home institutions, etc. make their money and where they experience margin pressure and where many of the alternative revenue streams lie. The NCAA model is unique to some degree (each league has their own quirks), but if you think it's remotely about getting a kid to choose a school at 18 because they are predisposed to it due to a shirt they got when they were 3 you're off base. It's possible that happens for a some kids, it's just not probable. I'm afraid that you might be the guy that would approve the licensee that proposes putting the UCONN brand on toilet paper because everyone takes a dump so it's possible that if someone used UCONN Tyler Phommachanh to clean their arse for 15 years that's where they'll enroll.

And with that I'm done, congratulations for suckering me into the dialogue, I'm the biggest idiot in this entire thread if not this board to entertaining this for so long.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
We've got a lot of old farts here who are content to sit back, be passive, and take it up our collective asses. Change is bad! Twitter is bad! Don't rock the boat in the land of steady habits!

For all his goshdarn insane rantings, HFD knows this: we need an all out assault to shape our own destiny. Sitting passively by HAS NOT WORKED.

If you are sitting there getting worked up over a tweet, you are hopeless. We can own our own narrative on twitter instead of having it dictated to us. Tired of the ignorant the media spews about UConn? Change the narrative. Do something besides sit there and whine that ohhhhhhh golly who do you think you are, trying to chat with the Honorable Jay Bilas?? Picking on HFD misses the boat by miles.

That's the vision. Lay our foundation brick by brick, opinion by opinion. Don't sit there and be complacent on our trophy case, cause guess what, the rest of the country doesn't give a .

10 toes in. Take the stairs. Build up our brand every which way possible- on the court, on the field, by twitter, or t-shirt, or billboard, or dialing up the rotary phones of you old farts. Up to you if you want to try and help or complain. "Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and the prom queen."

Reaction Score
anyone watching sportscenter right now? what did jay just say? guess a simple fracking tweet didn't hurt. thank god as i thought my tweet was going to blow up france the way u couple of losers went off here.
Would anything be funnier if we found out you were really Emily Noonan?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Would anything be funnier if we found out you were really Emily Noonan?

i am not a fan of her fwiw but that would rank pretty dam high on the funny scale i have to say. i have a smaller ass then her but a way sexier face if your interested...:eek:

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
We've got a lot of old farts here who are content to sit back, be passive, and take it up our collective asses. Change is bad! Twitter is bad! Don't rock the boat in the land of steady habits!

For all his goshdarn insane rantings, HFD knows this: we need an all out assault to shape our own destiny. Sitting passively by HAS NOT WORKED.

If you are sitting there getting worked up over a tweet, you are hopeless. We can own our own narrative on twitter instead of having it dictated to us. Tired of the ignorant the media spews about UConn? Change the narrative. Do something besides sit there and whine that ohhhhhhh golly who do you think you are, trying to chat with the Honorable Jay Bilas?? Picking on HFD misses the boat by miles.

That's the vision. Lay our foundation brick by brick, opinion by opinion. Don't sit there and be complacent on our trophy case, cause guess what, the rest of the country doesn't give a .

10 toes in. Take the stairs. Build up our brand every which way possible- on the court, on the field, by twitter, or t-shirt, or billboard, or dialing up the rotary phones of you old farts. Up to you if you want to try and help or complain. "Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and the prom queen."

a+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog