talking heads 2night (tweet them asap) | The Boneyard

talking heads 2night (tweet them asap)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
who are they? i don't know but some 1 here does. post up and get to twitter. convo anything under the sun for uconn. we aren't going to get the normal dose of press this year with our situation. might as well enjoy 2night to the fullest. this is not a CR thing, simply a fanbase having fun.

some point to hammer home?
-boat and bazz on the pg award list
-ko coach of the year
-warde is a horrible ad
-wolf most improved player
-the story of evans
-ricks wet leg

anything that they may spend a few seconds on during the game. let them know know theres a audience for that convo...

Reaction Score
who are they? i don't know but some 1 here does. post up and get to twitter. convo anything under the sun for uconn. we aren't going to get the normal dose of press this year with our situation. might as well enjoy 2night to the fullest. this is not a CR thing, simply a fanbase having fun.

-ko coach of the year
-warde is a horrible ad
-the story of evans
-ricks wet leg

anything that they may spend a few seconds on during the game. let them know know theres a audience for that convo...
McDonough/Raf/Bilas

Reaction Score
McDonough/Raf/Bilas

Bilas, like most middle age lawyers, tends to take his material off twitter from hard drinking mid 20 year old guys and bet his career on it. It's so much easier than doing his own planning of what he wants to cover.

Seriously Dan -- come back to us. Please.?!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Bilas, like most middle age lawyers, tends to take his material off twitter from hard drinking mid 20 year old guys and bet his career on it. It's so much easier than doing his own planning of what he wants to cover.

Seriously Dan -- come back to us. Please.?!

jay is always more than fair bball talking wise. sometimes he makes u wonder how espn employs him. a simple tweet reminding him of a issue can't hurt. the best case is he does mention it and the worst is he doesn't. considering how terribly bad that worst case is, i'm going to go ahead and tweet him. and since i have a lot of great followers on twitter, they are going to rt, fav and also tweet jay about the issue. then when he sees uconn fans blowing him up all afternoon, he will know something of value to uconn fans that we are looking to be adressed. he can then once again either ignore it or talk about it. i bet that a bunch of ppl talking about it curves his opinion of it a bit no matter his opinion of the situation. maybe he think both the guards shouldn't make it. fine tell us why as other talking heads havn't. were just looking for someone to see the issue. bl, i'll take my chances with a tweet.

Reaction Score
jay is always more than fair bball talking wise. sometimes he makes u wonder how espn employs him. a simple tweet reminding him of a issue can't hurt. the best case is he does mention it and the worst is he doesn't. considering how terribly bad that worst case is, i'm going to go ahead and tweet him. and since i have a lot of great followers on twitter, they are going to rt, fav and also tweet jay about the issue. then when he sees uconn fans blowing him up all afternoon, he will know something of value to uconn fans that we are looking to be adressed. he can then once again either ignore it or talk about it. i bet that a bunch of ppl talking about it curves his opinion of it a bit no matter his opinion of the situation. maybe he think both the guards shouldn't make it. fine tell us why as other talking heads havn't. were just looking for someone to see the issue. bl, i'll take my chances with a tweet.

Here is what I would suggest Dan (and I don't care if you tweet him). I'm smart enough to understand that you might be better than I am at knowing how to communicate electronically with 18 year old high school football players in a manner that works for them. You really should be smart enough to accept that I may better understand than you how to communicate and make a point to a middle aged top law school trained lawyer.

You really should be.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score

Dude how old are you?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Social media <

Let the boys play. Publicity will take care of itself.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Here is what I would suggest Dan (and I don't care if you tweet him). I'm smart enough to understand that you might be better than I am at knowing how to communicate electronically with 18 year old high school football players in a manner that works for them. You really should be smart enough to accept that I may better understand than you how to communicate and make a point to a middle aged top law school trained lawyer.

You really should be.

i have seen several times the follwoing

-espn during games takes a twitter tweet from some fan asking something about the team(currently playing) for the announcers to talk about
-jay or other espn guys refrence a twitter mass explosion on a topic during a pod cast or other miedia stuff.

i'm really not sure why u give a flying duck about me sending jay a tweet. if he doesn't want to read my tweet or talk about the topic, he simply will ignore it. how this effects your personal life bl, i have no clue. but for some reason me sending jay a tweet really gets you fired up.

Dude how old are you?

ah this is good stuff. i'm in 3rd grade bro, thats a clown question!

caw

Reaction Score
Honestly, ESPN does use twitter feeds from random fans a lot. I'm sure Bilas reads his, but I'm also sure he knows a lot about both teams and probably doesn't need reminders. He's a smart man.

Reaction Score

-ko coach of the year
-warde is a horrible ad
-the story of evans
-ricks wet leg

Just so I'm clear here, you want people on this board to "tweet" the professional broadcasters doing tonight's game to remind them to talk about the team playing?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Just so I'm clear here, you want people on this board to "tweet" the professional broadcasters doing tonight's game to remind them to talk about the team playing?

where is the remind them thing coming from? . ppl here just dont get it at all. i swear some of u work for uconn becuase your media/marketing savy truly fits what uconn has been doing the past handful of years.

Reaction Score
Dan-

Just because you are familiar with social media tools doesn't make you an expert. I'm betting that there are folks on here that make their living in advertising and digital/social media and might know a bit more about the platform and how to engage people through them than you do. Feel free to do as you wish, but I'm guessing it's dicey territory when you anoint yourself smarter than the board in how to use social media. A sure sign of someone trying to hard is that they try and out think the room and tell everyone how much they get it and nobody else does.

Of course, I expect some disparaging retort so please have at it because I surely don't get it.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I don't care whether or not you tweet to him, but Bilas loves Uconn and always heaps praise on us. So even if he doesn't see your tweet, I'd expect him to give us some serious props tonight.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Dan is like me, if I took myself way too seriously.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Dan-

Just because you are familiar with social media tools doesn't make you an expert. I'm betting that there are folks on here that make their living in advertising and digital/social media and might know a bit more about the platform and how to engage people through them than you do. Feel free to do as you wish, but I'm guessing it's dicey territory when you anoint yourself smarter than the board in how to use social media. A sure sign of someone trying to hard is that they try and out think the room and tell everyone how much they get it and nobody else does.

Of course, I expect some disparaging retort so please have at it because I surely don't get it.

i didn't start this thread to claim i'm more educated at the internets than others. it went off silly left when bl joined the crowd. i'm not looking to set twitter on fire 2night. i was simply looking for uconn fans to engage jay on twitter in a long shot that he would either mention it or atleast mention the issue we take up. it wasn't a impossible thought/idea and it wasn't a crazy/bad thing either. yet a couple of the typical jack ass posters here imediately take beef becuase it came from my mouth. bummer for them a bunch of uconn fans all favorited and retweeted what i did. those fans must be losers also.

bottom line is uconn lacks severly in the marketing/media department. i beg for players or students to tweet espn. every watch a game on espn? any sport. at some point they always show tweets of students doing something cool or players of the teams or other teams watching the game or w/e. there i always something. its never uconn tho. know why? becuase there is no cluture at uconn to make these nice things happen. millions of little kids at home watching the game on espn say hey cooll blah blah. itds a 5 second add for that school. i'm not talking about some little kid 1 in a million shot as a fball recruit. i'm talking about every little kid seeing uconn and thinking thats a good college to apply and go to. vision. it lacks here in some posters and is against the law in the town of storrs connecticut.

Reaction Score
where is the remind them thing coming from? . ppl here just dont get it at all. i swear some of u work for uconn becuase your media/marketing savy truly fits what uconn has been doing the past handful of years.

The best part about this is that you think you sound savvy.

Reaction Score
Post what you want, I could care less, I actually think you make UCONN fans look like buffoons (it's my opinion, which doesn't make it right or wrong, it just is) and you may and certainly have every right to feel the same way about me.

My point was that you seem to think that you're smarter or have more vision than anyone else on the forum or at UCONN and I'm guessing that there are some pretty smart folks on here or at UCONN with considered perspectives. I certainly don't agree with many or even most of the decisions that UCONN makes related to marketing the athletic department or individual teams, but I'm also aware the they know things that are likely critical to whatever decision they've made. I'll never be privy to that information so I'm not going to be able to provide more than my opinion. Clouding that opinion in absolutes is where the train jumps the tracks.

I actually think that you're a neophyte when it comes to understanding social media, don't mistake quantity for quality. Having meaningful content is pretty important to engage people. Just because you're putting it out there doesn't mean you're engaging folks (take most display ads - you every pay attention to the display ads on the Boneyard?).

But please keep posting on here because often it provides me with comic relief after a fairly tiresome day.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
In a world without HuskyFanDan...

Sean - "Wow, Jay, this is some game between the #1 Louisville Cardinals, about whom I cannot say enough good things, and another team made of mostly smaller people dressed in blue and white!"

Jay - "It sure is, Sean! I was just checking the Twitter and those Cardinal fans just love to send me Tweets so I am gonna spend the next 120 minutes jacking them off with my words!"

Sean - "Someone call Rick Pitino 'cuz I just dribbled down my leg!"

Reaction Score
Post what you want, I could care less, I actually think you make UCONN fans look like buffoons (it's my opinion, which doesn't make it right or wrong, it just is) and you may and certainly have every right to feel the same way about me.

My point was that you seem to think that you're smarter or have more vision than anyone else on the forum or at UCONN and I'm guessing that there are some pretty smart folks on here or at UCONN with considered perspectives. I certainly don't agree with many or even most of the decisions that UCONN makes related to marketing the athletic department or individual teams, but I'm also aware the they know things that are likely critical to whatever decision they've made. I'll never be privy to that information so I'm not going to be able to provide more than my opinion. Clouding that opinion in absolutes is where the train jumps the tracks.

I actually think that you're a neophyte when it comes to understanding social media, don't mistake quantity for quality. Having meaningful content is pretty important to engage people. Just because you're putting it out there doesn't mean you're engaging folks (take most display ads - you every pay attention to the display ads on the Boneyard?).

But please keep posting on here because often it provides me with comic relief after a fairly tiresome day.

As a courtesy to the rest of us, when you're attacking someone with full guns blazing, would you mind replying to his post so we don't all have to look back and make sure you are not in fact attacking us?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Reaction Score
As a courtesy to the rest of us, when you're attacking someone with full guns blazing, would you mind replying to his post so we don't all have to look back and make sure you are not in fact attacking us?

Thank you for your cooperation.

I'll consider it. See my first post and keep-up please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom