Talk about ESPN3 and Comcast. | The Boneyard

Talk about ESPN3 and Comcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I used to be able to watch ESPN3 but now it appears the Comcast is not on their list?

Has something changed? Would suck for fb season - Ive gotten used to watching games on my laptop while my wife watches LMN on the TV! Lol!

Reaction Score
I have COX and have to use my mom's comcast log in to watch the "Watch ESPN" app on my iPhone/iPad. It's one of the few providers that you can log on with to watch the app. As far as I know Comcast also known as Xfinity still works on ESPN3

Reaction Score
I have COX and have to use my mom's comcast log in to watch the "Watch ESPN" app on my iPhone/iPad. It's one of the few providers that you can log on with to watch the app. As far as I know Comcast also known as Xfinity still works on ESPN3

This is the stupidest thing ESPN has done. I have cox as well, and can watch ESPN3 content on my desktop or through my XBOX. But I can't on my phone. I get that my cable provider doesn't carry the full "WatchESPN" lineup but why can't I watch ESPN3 content on my phone??? I'm paying for that content, why cant I watch it the way I want.

Reaction Score
I thought Xfinity was something else - so I choose Xfinity when they ask me for my cable affilitation???

Reaction Score
Yeah....xfinity is comcast. Select that option and you should be good!!

Reaction Score
This is the stupidest thing ESPN has done. I have cox as well, and can watch ESPN3 content on my desktop or through my XBOX. But I can't on my phone. I get that my cable provider doesn't carry the full "WatchESPN" lineup but why can't I watch ESPN3 content on my phone??? I'm paying for that content, why cant I watch it the way I want.

Agreed! It's all about $$$ and contract agreements. I'm sure COX will have it next time around with negotiations. They are the #5 largest cable provider in the nation.

Want to borrow an Xfinity login? ;)

Reaction Score
Agreed! It's all about $$$ and contract agreements. I'm sure COX will have it next time around with negotiations. They are the #5 largest cable provider in the nation.

I might have to... I promise I won't change any subscriptions...:rolleyes:

Reaction Score

3rd largest

Reaction Score
Not to worry. When the Big East signs with NBC we'll be able to watch the games through our vehicle's GPS.

When Jay Leno does his monologue there will be monitors behind him showing the SDSU vs UConn game.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Not to worry. When the Big East signs with NBC we'll be able to watch the games through our vehicle's GPS.

When Jay Leno does his monologue there will be monitors behind him showing the SDSU vs UConn game.
Yes and I couldn't watch every single event of the 2012 Olympics live.

I'm pretty sure NBC can handle something like broadcasting 4-5 Big East games online every week.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Yes and I couldn't watch every single event of the 2012 Olympics live.

I'm pretty sure NBC can handle something like broadcasting 4-5 Big East games online every week.

They haven't even webcast ND live. Notre Dame.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
So? Why would there be a need to simulcast something available over-the-air nationally?

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Just saying - the number of people who can't be in front of a major over-the-air network doesn't compare with the number of people who can't be in front of a TV showing ESPN's double-reverse-mirror-ABC-SD crap version 7. It's not a good comparison.

CBS hasn't simulcast an SEC game available nationally, either. The target market just isn't there.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
They haven't even webcast ND live. Notre Dame.

Except they've broadcast every home game live online since 2010 for free. Not to mention their spring game....

They also have had an iPhone app to watch the games live for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashfan

Top Bottom