Talent starting to shift to other schools | The Boneyard

Talent starting to shift to other schools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Talent starting to shift to other schools

Has this already been posted? My wife stumbled across this article in our local paper. Attempts to explain why not everyone wants to play at UConn. ( Some UConn fans are incredulous.) Chiney Ogwumlike thinks more players want to stay closer to home.

Some interesting thoughts from Jewel Loyd.
"Ill never forget when I was going through the recruiting process, Geno wrote me a handwritten letter saying how he was excited to coach against me and he wished me the best of luck... It was hard saying no to him, because not a lot of players say no to him. Or get the opportunity to talk to him."

And to set the record straight, though the Huskies often are told they're killing the game, their opponents feel the opposite. Loyd said, "But I loved playing UConn. It brought out the best games for everyone who played in them."

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I'm having trouble getting a working link. It is a USA Today article written by Laken Litman. It the link doesn't work for you, try a GOOGLE search on the article title.

Reaction Score
What Chiney said about players not needing to go to a particular place, that improving on their own can be done by by watching videos on YouTube and mimicking the moves is absolutely ludicrous. Come on, Chiney. Get serious. You have got to be kidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom