"Take that Providence" | Page 4 | The Boneyard

"Take that Providence"

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Well, yeah, except one of them is located in the most fun city in the world, and the other one is in Providence. Speaking of which, does peecee they still have curfews in their dorms, and monitors to ensure that only women enter women's dorms and only men enter men's dorms?
This cannot be stressed enough. New Orleans is as great a place to visit as there is, Providence is an armpit.

Reaction Score
Love New Orleans- went to school at Tulane for a few years- learned to drink.

Reaction Score
Tulane plays their football games in the Superdome. PC plays their football games on Madden.

Reaction Score
To be fair, the city has improved to the point that isn't an armpit so much any more. Maybe it is more like the space between your toes. However, New Orleans is a full-fledged erogenous zone. Personally I'd give g-spot status to San Diego, but others might pick Vegas, Miami, Nantucket. To each their own.

Reaction Score
as opposed to the mecca of all fun times; Storrs, CT.

Said no one...EVER

Storrs is a fantastic place to spend your college years. I wouldn't trade my experience there for anything.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Boatshow hey pal, if you want to bust stones find another place to do it ok i dont type well on my phone (it doesnt have spellcheck either) but i will put my writing skills up against anyone here. i'm on here to have some fun and talk about something that is near and dear to me since i went to my first uconn game in 1963 when my father bought his first season tickets and fred shabel was coach and have have had season tickets until 2005 when my father became physically unable too attend. so know you know my age so i will respect you and you respect me. maybe you're sore at me for coming down on boatright but i happen to have a very high bb iq and know what i'm talking about. i guess i won't reply to your posts again because you are a perfectionist and quite frankly i dont have time for the bs. as far as sean the pc fan-find a real team
Yeah, gtcam isn't so great at things like words.

Reaction Score
Boatshow hey pal, if you want to bust stones find another place to do it ok i dont type well on my phone (it doesnt have spellcheck either) but i will put my writing skills up against anyone here. i'm on here to have some fun and talk about something that is near and dear to me since i went to my first uconn game in 1963 when my father bought his first season tickets and fred shabel was coach and have have had season tickets until 2005 when my father became physically unable too attend. so know you know my age so i will respect you and you respect me. maybe you're sore at me for coming down on boatright but i happen to have a very high bb iq and know what i'm talking about. i guess i won't reply to your posts again because you are a perfectionist and quite frankly i dont have time for the bs. as far as sean the pc fan-find a real team

So respecting elders isn't an archaic notion like respecting women?

Reaction Score
So because you are old, we are supposed to forgive the fact that you can't spell for in a post about academia?

Reaction Score
So because you are old, we are supposed to forgive the fact that you can't spell for in a post about academia?

michael-jackson-eating-popcorn-o.gif

Reaction Score
Were you tipping cows or tossing prairie pies?

Funneling beers and winning national championships

Fun Fact: At PC girls can't go into guy dorms, and vice versa. This is strictly enforced.

LOL

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Not much will change for PC. They will continue to cash checks earned by the efforts of others.

Reaction Score
Providence might have earned an NIT appearance. Is that really a success?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
To be fair, the city has improved to the point that isn't an armpit so much any more. Maybe it is more like the space between your toes. However, New Orleans is a full-fledged erogenous zone. Personally I'd give g-spot status to San Diego, but others might pick Vegas, Miami, Nantucket. To each their own.

Agreed. Providence isn't too bad. And has the benefit of being 20-25 minutes from my house. So I do hope we keep playing PC, if they can stomach it.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Did we earn it this year?

No big dance per usual. I didn't read about any forfeited games by PC so there's that. At least they showed up.

Reaction Score
So things arent going swell over at the friars club..I would think after that last embarrassment the oath of silence would be back in effect.

Reaction Score
There has been so much about this "rivalry" and from where I sit, these rivalries fall into a couple buckets:

1) Our battles with Syracuse and Duke on a big stage. For titles. For first place. For final fours.

2) Regional little brothers who think they can take on their big brother. It's more of a nuisance based rivalry than a battle for any sort of supremacy. First it was UMass. We spanked their fanny enough and they eventually faded away. More recently it was Providence. And with those annual matchups now gone, all they have is "We played you tough most of the time!!!". They'll now fade away as well and whatever conference we are in, some other little brother will try to take us on.

Reaction Score
as opposed to the mecca of all fun times; Storrs, CT.

Said no one...EVER
Still, the state invested 4 billion over the past 15 years. Another proposal to add 2 billion more has been proposed by CT's guv. Anyone making a similiar investment at PC???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom