Tailgate menu for USF game... | The Boneyard

Tailgate menu for USF game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Apple cinnamon pancakes, breakfast sausages from Noack's in Meriden, home fries, mimosas. fresh fruit salad.
Got a couple of bottles of that Game of Thrones Take the Black Stout featured in last Thursday's Hartford Courant food section to sample. (Happened to see it sitting on the shelf when perusing the craft beer section-pricey).
Burgers closer to game time.
Surprise additions as some newcomers to the tailgate party are keeping their offerings under wraps.
My sister is bringing SCONES (she's an excellent baker)

Reaction Score
Only game this month so it's Octoberfest. White and smoked brats, red cabbage, german potato salad and plenty of Spaten. Now if only the wife had the build (meaning rack, of course) to pull of that beer hall dress...

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Eggs, Sausage, Beer for breakfast... Then Beer Brats later!

Reaction Score
Only game this month so it's Octoberfest. White and smoked brats, red cabbage, german potato salad and plenty of Spaten. Now if only the wife had the build (meaning rack, of course) to pull of that beer hall dress...
Okay I'll bite: Mine did back in the day. Thirty years of marraige & raising 3 kids put a little wear on the tires, but She's still my "St. Pauli Girl".

Reaction Score
Wait a minute. Game of Thrones has a beer? Why am I only learning about this now?

Reaction Score
For a early florida style breakfast i would say biscuits and gravy. If u are going to do lunch i would recommend the cuban sandwich. Both will go with whatever beer u choose but i would prefer something by cigar city preference being jai alai.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Florida bull marinated in polish vodka!

Reaction Score
Wait a minute. Game of Thrones has a beer? Why am I only learning about this now?
Made by Ommegang brewery of Cooperstown, N.Y.
They are brewing a series of beers for the Game of Thrones television conglomerate. First heard about it a month ago, but didn't actively persue it.
According to the Courant: "Their first offering, a citrusy blond ale named Iron Throne, was inspired be Cersei Lannister, the show's fair-haired yet brutal royal matriarch. The beer is light & airy, much like Cersei, but its citrus nose and crisp bite is quick to remind that the drink, like the manicured yet merciless Lannister, is not to be taken lightly."
The current release is Take the Black Stout: "The newest limited offering... is a 7 percent ABV beer, brewed with base, caramel, chocolate & roasted barley malts." (editor's note; IT'S DELICIOUS!)

Reaction Score
biscuits and gravy a must. I am suprised nobody has said a fried grouper sandwich yet. That nasty ass bottom feeding garbage fish is a staple in the Tampa area

Reaction Score
Just me and the wife..gonna do a breakfast sandwich I call the "Husky Dog" which is a hollowed out hard roll from JJ Cassone's bakery in Port Chester skillet potatos (diced potatoes, vidalia onions, bacon, cheese), country sausage pattie, scrambled eggs, american cheese, sausage gravy. grilled blueberry muffins, coffee, juice, Miller High Life Lite

Reaction Score
Just got a message from grandson , former band member who is bringing a bunch of alumni band members for breakfast. Doesn't know how many , could be 6 or 18, he isn't sure glad I haven't gone shopping yet.

Reaction Score
Just me and the wife..gonna do a breakfast sandwich I call the "Husky Dog" which is a hollowed out hard roll from JJ Cassone's bakery in Port Chester skillet potatos (diced potatoes, vidalia onions, bacon, cheese), country sausage pattie, scrambled eggs, american cheese, sausage gravy. grilled blueberry muffins, coffee, juice, Miller High Life Lite

You had me until Miller High Life Lite = Really??:confused:

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
It might be better than Natti Light.

On another note, do they still make Hulls Export? I'm not what was worse, Hulls or Boone's Farm.

Reaction Score
Hell yeah...Blue label RULES!!! The Hipsters in Williamsburg have driven the cost of PBR. Schaeffer, Schlitz, Coors Banquet, and Naragansett sky high! They haven't caught on to Miller High Life yet.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Celebrate Tampa's Cuban influence with cuban sandwiches.

Can't beat a good Cuban. Roast pork, shaved ham, mustard and cheese. Butter up some good crusty bread and press it down panini-style. I prefer swiss or guoda cheese.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Celebrate Tampa's Cuban influence with cuban sandwiches.

Can't beat a good Cuban. Roast pork, shaved ham, mustard and cheese. Butter up some good crusty bread and press it down panini-style. I prefer swiss or guoda cheese.

I forgot about the pickle on it too.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

If this doesn't prove New York's Finest are underpaid I don't know what does.

PM me FDNY, I've got a few cases of your favorite brew I want to send you.

Reaction Score

On another note, do they still make Hulls Export? I'm not what was worse, Hulls or Boone's Farm.

Ha - Hull's closed in 1977. Used to pass the brewery on the way to HS. New Haven city water flavored w/ a hint of hops. Right up there w/ Genny Creme and Red, White and Blue.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

How dare you sully the name of the great Boone's Farm?!!!

If it wasn't for the Boone and MadDog 20/20 families I might still be a virgin. There's a special place in Heaven for those fine folks.

Uconnrick

Reaction Score
How dare you sully the name of the great Boone's Farm?!!!

If it wasn't for the Boone and MadDog 20/20 families I might still be a virgin. There's a special place in Heaven for those fine folks.
I still get blinding headaches when I remember some of those long ago nights (and mornings)!

Uconnrick

Reaction Score
Speaking of blinding headaches, does anyone remember Maximus Super! I drank a sixer of that one Saturday ni
ght and didn't wake up until Monday morning.

Reaction Score
Going to post an OT soon, just returned from "real" Oktoberfest, was at the final weekend. Beyond an awesome time and all the women in those dresses. Those are phenomenal, the Germans just get how to throw a party!

Reaction Score
Hell yeah...Blue label RULES!!! The Hipsters in Williamsburg have driven the cost of PBR. Schaeffer, Schlitz, Coors Banquet, and Naragansett sky high! They haven't caught on to Miller High Life yet.

FDNY I'm with you on the blues. Thankfully there's a light way to live the high life.

Reaction Score
Re the alumni band breakfast, bought for 18, 6 showed up. Seems they made the rounds ( lots of beer) so they got to us about 11:15. Mad dash to make breakfast, clean up and get inside in time for the band. Made it , barely. Cheered are heads off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom