OT: - Syracuse | The Boneyard

OT: Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Honestly, I really only watch their games to see if they have anyone who would be interesting in the portal, but has anyone noticed that they might be the dumbest basketball team anyone has put on the court this year?

That program has fallen down a well in general, but this team in particular has absolutely no sense.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Honestly, I really only watch their games to see if they have anyone who would be interesting in the portal, but has anyone noticed that they might be the dumbest basketball team anyone has put on the court this year?

That program has fallen down a well in general, but this team in particular has absolutely no sense.
I would imagine that anyone who would voluntarily winter in Siberia doesn't have a whole lot of IQ points.

Reaction Score

They look like they‘re not coached. Half the roster seems to be auditioning for the Globetrotters. It’s pretty glorious.

Reaction Score
Apparently Mintz is going to portal, too. He is not a winning player and made the single most boneheaded play I’ve seen against Louisville but he is very talented and provides a floor. Without him, that team is going to be in the gutter next year. Can’t wait.

Reaction Score
Apparently Mintz is going to portal, too. He is not a winning player and made the single most boneheaded play I’ve seen against Louisville but he is very talented and provides a floor. Without him, that team is going to be in the gutter next year. Can’t wait.

He and Copeland talk more while getting blown out than any players I can remember. I’m not sure it’s not addition by subtraction with him next year.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Mintz is a good example of short term NIL money not being the end all be all. He needed a real system to show off his talent, now’s he’s a 4 year college guy with an outside chance of being drafted second round.

Reaction Score
Mintz should have portaled last year, he could have been a 1st round NBA pick with some proper coaching. Don't love Starling. I'd be down for Bell, give Hurley a 6'7 sharpshooting wing and he'll turn him into a real player

Never heard of anybody else on their roster tbh

Reaction Score
Not so sure about that. They actually started playing better when Benny Williams was told to hit the bricks. There's several kids on that roster that still haven't gotten the message though, so it might be addition by subtraction to get Mintz out of there too.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Ha Ha Ha Lol GIF

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
20-12 ACC team eeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don’t count them out of the tournament yet

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
So, your conference tournament is in full swing, BC's moving on to the next round while you're checking out of your hotel room headed home.

That has to suck.

Reaction Score
Not so sure about that. They actually started playing better when Benny Williams was told to hit the bricks. There's several kids on that roster that still haven't gotten the message though, so it might be addition by subtraction to get Mintz out of there too.

Well Benny sucks and that matters too. Mintz at least has talent. Addition by subtraction is certainly a possibility if they portal correctly but the other replacements are mostly trash.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score

As true as all that may be....they are the 5th best team in the ACC (for whatever that is worth)

Reaction Score
They make more $$$ in the ACC. That's all they can say.

Their fans miss the Garden party. They'll never be what they once were and it was Boeheim that the other ACC schools that UConn won't be UConn when Calhoun is gone.

At the end of the day UConn has cemented its blue blood status, while Syracuse has drifted into irrelevance.

Honestly I never saw it coming, too bad, so sad.

Reaction Score
I would take Mintz as a transfer.

The reason he can't shoot is because he takes literally half his 3s off the dribble and way too many shots in general. Fix that and he looks a lot like Tristen Newton. Everything else about his offensive game is good.

Reaction Score
20-12 ACC team eeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don’t count them out of the tournament yet
You are thinking of the old ACC. The conference is trash now. ACC wins don't carry that much weight.

That said, I could see them winning the NIT. That would be a nice foundation for a new coach.

Reaction Score
Their tournament is in Washington DC. The entire college basketball world is going bonkers. Except for the BE playing at MSG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom