Syracuse has done that before | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Syracuse has done that before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
honestly mcw is immature but he is good. With all those athletes, I'm still curious to why JB limits their potential by playing the zone 99% of the time. it's just dumb. Especially when Pitino started overloading and JB made no adjustments. it's like he's not even coaching lol

MCW has a lot of potential. Great court vision. Needs to learn to play within the team.

Imagine if he could shoot?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Did you forget Bazz's collarbone? Kid could not lift his arm up. Hard to shoot or do anything on the court.

Two things:
1) Leaders always project positive body language.
2) If you're on the court you gotta play like you belong there. Or sit out.

A former UConn coach in another sport once rode me about the latter (six inches away from my face, with spittle) when I was recovering from a hammy and not giving 100%.

I think the world of Bazz and I imagine he's as much a gamer as there is, but at that point in time, he probably shouldn't have been in the game.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Still can't imagine kickin' ass for 25 minutes, only to have your ass whooped for the next 15. That was a clinic. An 11 minute field goal draught for the Cuse during that run was amazing as well. They have set the ineptitude bar fairly high.

Cuse has done this before, and they will do it again.

Looked pretty similar to our game against Louisville actually.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
honestly mcw is immature but he is good. With all those athletes, I'm still curious to why JB limits their potential by playing the zone 99% of the time. it's just dumb. Especially when Pitino started overloading and JB made no adjustments. it's like he's not even coaching lol
MCW, Triche and Cooney have zero chance of staying in front of any typical college point guards with a good handle, let alone stay in front of Russ Smith or Siva.
They would penetrate at will against Syrabuse playing man to man.
JB recruits players to play the zone. In this year, moreso than many others, his guards are great physical specimens for zone D but very poorly suited to play man to man, which really hurts the team's flexibility.

Reaction Score
SU has some of the nation's worst fans. I suspect they will begin a slow decline in the ACC. SU football hasn't been anything in years and Boeheim won't be around too much longer although he's
not the best coach in the world either. I hope the Orange enjoy the ACC tournament in Greensboro. I have relatives in Greensboro--it's a nice quiet place to live but the tournament environment just
sucks-no excitement at all. The old building in Raleigh was good in the 60's and 70's but the Greensboro Col. is a big nothing.
Worse fans? s is more like it.

Reaction Score
Two things:
1) Leaders always project positive body language.
2) If you're on the court you gotta play like you belong there. Or sit out.

A former UConn coach in another sport once rode me about the latter (six inches away from my face, with spittle) when I was recovering from a hammy and not giving 100%.

I think the world of Bazz and I imagine he's as much a gamer as there is, but at that point in time, he probably shouldn't have been in the game.

So Bazz should have come off the floor. That would have helped somehow--as it helped against South Florida.

Reaction Score
Cuse fans are complaining that they had 4 bruising games in four days and the team was tired because JB `only goes 7-8 players deep. Another tournament champion player (think it was theBTen) said it was hard because they had to play 3 straight games. Sissies and whiners all.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
They had fans complaining about the officiating, and how they can't wait for the ACC. If they thought last night's refs were the issue, they're really gonna hate the ACC.

Cuse and Pitt will have a hard time adjusting. The ACC is nowhere near as physical as the Big East.
Their Fan Board is hillarious - they complain about the officiating (like in a 44-10 run that had a lot to do with it), they said Lville fouled on every play, rhey are the BE and heralding the ACC but damning the fact that Pitt and Lville were invited................
Don't know which is worce PeeCee or Cuse fans

Reaction Score
rhey are the BE and heralding the ACC but damning the fact that Pitt and Lville were invited................

If they expect to go to the ACC and overthrow Duke and UNC, then they are beyond delusional. Best case for them is the next tier, 3-5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom