Syracuse football a 7-point underdog against UConn in first road game | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Syracuse football a 7-point underdog against UConn in first road game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Vegas is expecting us to keep getting better. I think our defense will continue to improve because it usually does. Just not sure the offense can keep improving unless the play calling and strategy change.

Reaction Score
I've seen WHO they've played.

- beat Colgate 33-7
- lost to 'Ville 62-28
- lost to USF 45-20

Currently 'Ville is ranked 3rd in the latest AP and USF has votes in both polls.
Played LU closer than FSU. Why are we giving points?

Reaction Score
That line is nuts, IMO.

They will score at least 24. Maybe I'm underestimating how bad their defense is, but I get the sense that everyone is underestimating how bad our offense is.

If they get up on us 17-0, we are not coming back.
How many point did we score against Navy? With leaving points on the board and on the road.

You seem to not realize we played more than 1 game this year.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
You obviously think too much. :)

As an aside, I just bought your avatar, the Rodin Thinker garden statue online ($200), to place in front of my citrus "cocktail" tree.

The reason why is because that is the pose people take when sitting on the adjacent park bench staring at the six different citrus fruits growing on that ONE tree.

Caveat: It was supposed to be 32 pounds, but I weighed it and it was only half that. Their customer rep swore that FedEx showed the reported weight. I could have returned it, but kept it anyway because it looked so good and cemented it to a base to be more stable.

So, I am mentioning it to you, just in case you are looking to buy one.

Did Diaco pose for this statue while contemplating a last second play call, with us in the red zone behind by four points?

Reaction Score
How many point did we score against Navy? With leaving points on the board and on the road.

You seem to not realize we played more than 1 game this year.

The offense managed 17, doing things that the coaching staff has shown no interest in doing at any other point.

I'm glad you're proud of that. Really.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The offense managed 17, doing things that the coaching staff has shown no interest in doing at any other point.

I'm glad you're proud of that. Really.
We scored 24, whether points come on defense or special teams they still count. Cuse is give up 54 points a game against D1 teams, 54.

Reaction Score
We scored 24, whether points come on defense or special teams they still count. Cuse is give up 54 points a game against D1 teams, 54.

You responded to a post about the offense. Good effort, though . . .

Reaction Score
You responded to a post about the offense. Good effort, though . . .
I asked you how many points were scored against Navy. Due to poor reading comprehension you failed to accurately answer that question, please work on your reading comprehension, it will help you in a lot of faucets of life.

Reaction Score
I asked you how many points were scored against Navy. Due to poor reading comprehension you failed to accurately answer that question, please work on your reading comprehension, it will help you in a lot of faucets of life.

You asked it in response to my comment about how bad our offense was. Context matters.

Of course, if you think that waiting around for the defense to score is a good strategy, be my guest.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Our offense is close to breaking out. I sense it coming. Their defense makes Maine look like the 86 Bears. Our defense has been weak against the pass, giving up big plays. They are going full hurry up, running more offensive plays than any other FBS team. That in itself, will tend to generate more offense on both sides. I also think all those plays will lead to TOs. I expect us to get at least two, and turn them into points.

Reaction Score
One way or another, we will have a lot more chances to score this week.

Reaction Score
The Syracuse fan site makes the Boneyard look like an "Up With People" Super Bowl halftime show.

They're really, really depressed.
They think UConn's fans are the worst. Don't they have mirrors?

Reaction Score
I know a lot of people are down on the UConn offense - and rightfully so - but your basic power run game is going to give you a shocking amount of points against the Cuse D. The o/u looks appropriate as their O extends the game which should lead to more points. Babers has been an over covering machine the last few years.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Seriously, I can see this coming down to either a 2 pt conversion or a safety for UConn to beat them 9-7.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
I see a busy day for pur 2 best players. Wain and Puyol. Nutmeg nailed it, 9-7. Puyol another ST player of week.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Nah. It's going to be higher scoring. When we have the ball we are all going to see what happens when a totally resistable force meets an easily movable object.
it's like butter.

Reaction Score
FWIW - my boss - who is a Cuse grad - says we should cover the line.

Reaction Score
That was homecoming? Seems early.

God, I can't imagine anyone would voluntarily come home to Syracuse...

I am assuming you have been to Syracuse.

Past October 1, the GREY foreboding all-inclusive cloudy weather and personality takes hold. Best have the Homecoming early for the parents coming from California or Florida.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I am assuming you have been to Syracuse.

Past October 1, the GREY foreboding all-inclusive cloudy weather and personality takes hold. Best have the Homecoming early for the parents coming from California or Florida.

I have been there. It was a Saturday afternoon basketball game in February 2007. The wind was blowing empty cases of Keystone across a parking lot adjacent to campus. The snow was piled in 8 foot snowbanks. We lost. I will never go back.

Reaction Score
I predict Syracuse will win this game 35-21. The Cuse offense will be able to throw the ball all over the field and carve up our porous secondary due to the fact we won't put pressure on their QB. Also, our offense is not built for high scoring games. It will be a very entertaining game for the fans, but UConn will come up on the short end of the score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom