Syracuse Billboard at Yankee Stadium | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Syracuse Billboard at Yankee Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
While watching Yanks/Mets tonight I couldn't help but notice the billboard Syracuse has purchased in Yankee Stadium pronouncing them NY's team. It is located on the thirdbase side of stadium on the first loge level.
This should not generate giggles. Syracuse is one of UCONN's rivals for this small, but highly important, market. If I had anything to do with the selling of UCONN football, the first thing I'd want to know is whether or not the Cuse purchased the space directly from the Yankees, or went through an agency. If the answer is "agency," the Billboard is probably part of a campaign directed at the desired market. That's very bad for UCONN. It means that Syracuse realizes the importance of the market and is willing to go to war. UCONN! Please don't sleep on this.

Reaction Score
This should not generate giggles. Syracuse is one of UCONN's rivals for this small, but highly important, market. If I had anything to do with the selling of UCONN football, the first thing I'd want to know is whether or not the Cuse purchased the space directly from the Yankees, or went through an agency. If the answer is "agency," the Billboard is probably part of a campaign directed at the desired market. That's very bad for UCONN. It means that Syracuse realizes the importance of the market and is willing to go to war. UCONN! Please don't sleep on this.
I doubt UConn is sleeping on much of anything, but for Syracuse this seems to be a matter of survival. Gross desperately promotes Syracuse in NYC and would probably like to move Syracuse to Queens. In the old Big East, including basketball schools, there were about 7 programs closer to NYC than Syracuse, including BC, Prov., and Nova. Capturing the Buffalo market doesn't float their boat.

Reaction Score
i think some of you are getting a little overly worked up about a billboard. if billboards worked the Nets wouldn't be packing their bags to leave NJ right now b/c they had plenty of billboards. and before you say it's indicative of what's going on in NYC, or that it'll lead to more Syracuse fans down the road keep in mind, it's only a billboard. when was the last time you bought something b/c it was on a billboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom