Sweet Sixteen Game Announcers | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sweet Sixteen Game Announcers

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Wow! Love them or hate them I think all these are good.

I don’t necessarily think any of them are UCONN haters especially Mowins. She is always gracious and talks positively about GA.

I do agree that there are some better than others and some that aren’t on here that I wish were such as Sarah Kustok, Christy ThomasKutty, Megan McKeown, or Eric Frede.

But i also have to keep in mind that many on here disliked Doris Burke and I think she was one of the best in the business.

Reaction Score
I would consider Rebecca a homer but only because she is so intimately familiar with the entire UConn WBB program. When it comes to being an analyst, she knows the pertinent facts about both teams and treats both teams as equals.
The problem with Rebecca is that she’s so paranoid about being called a homer that she often won’t speak up against even the most horrific calls against UConn!

Reaction Score
Wow! Love them or hate them I think all these are good.

I don’t necessarily think any of them are UCONN haters especially Mowins. She is always gracious and talks positively about GA.

I do agree that there are some better than others and some that aren’t on here that I wish were such as Sarah Kustok, Christy ThomasKutty, Megan McKeown, or Eric Frede.

But i also have to keep in mind that many on here disliked Doris Burke and I think she was one of the best in the business.
I loved Doris but she became too enamored of her own voice and ultimately became insufferable! Before that happened though, she was the best along with Kara Lawson (who was even better).

Reaction Score
I wish john Fanta was doing the game - or the UConn radio network.
If the TV would synch to the radio I'd use that for audio.

Reaction Score
Antonelli: ugh. Stop, just STOP TALKING! Who just committed that foul? As for Rebecca, I think that she is the best there is, except for when she does the UConn games, as I think that she tries too hard to NOT be a UConn homer.

Kat

Reaction Score
Kind of tired of the endless "color" commentary during games and would like to hear more play by play, so I'm thinking that listening to the game on radio is the way to go. Gonna check to see how I can do that out here, far away from Connecticut.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
At least we don't have Carolyn Peck.
Yes, Peck is horrible but so is that ACC shill and known UConn hater, Deb Antonelli. At least we will get to hear how she loves the 2 region setup....

As a colleague of ours said to me-Mute and I retorted well, the was the second four letter word I thought of when I saw Antonelli was doing out game.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Yes, Peck is horrible but so is that ACC shill and known UConn hater, Deb Antonelli. At least we will get to hear how she loves the 2 region setup....

As a colleague of ours said to me-Mute and I retorted well, the was the second four letter word I thought of when I saw Antonelli was doing out game.

If its any consolation, Antonelli isn't a fan of Duke WBB either.

Reaction Score
Help! I can’t listen to Peck and company on the Stanford game. They are so biased in favor of Stanford.
I muted it, and at times turned to the men’s Purdue vs Gonzaga game.
Go State!

Reaction Score
Help! I can’t listen to Peck and company on the Stanford game. They are so biased in favor of Stanford.
I muted it, and at times turned to the men’s Purdue vs Gonzaga game.
Go State!
It's actually sickening to listen to them. I muted the sound!

Reaction Score
Kind of tired of the endless "color" commentary during games and would like to hear more play by play, so I'm thinking that listening to the game on radio is the way to go. Gonna check to see how I can do that out here, far away from Connecticut.
That's what I'm going to try to do. It's on Sirius XM. I think it's channel 203

Reaction Score
That's what I'm going to try to do. It's on Sirius XM. I think it's channel 203
Or the Westwood One radio network is doing all the games. If you have the TuneIn app it's on there.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately the UCLA-LSU game was just as bad. Always like Rebecca but this was a terribly biased broadcast. If you were just listening to the game you wouldn't have known UCLA was even playing.

Reaction Score
I don’t know about the announcers, but the halftime pundits are a peculiar set. I love Andraya Carter — she’s smart and charming. Chiney is another story. She is charming when she lets herself be comical. And her knowledge of past great players is impressive and eye opening. But she can also seem out of it at times.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom