Sweet Sixteen Game Announcers | The Boneyard

Sweet Sixteen Game Announcers

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Oh yay, my favorite (not) announcer on our game Saturday ...

Friday, March 29
#2 Notre Dame vs #3 Oregon State, 2:30 p.m. ESPN
Pam Ward, Stephanie White, Holly Rowe

#1 South Carolina vs #4 Indiana, 5 p.m. ESPN

#2 NC State vs #3 Stanford, 7:30 p.m. ESPN
Courtney Lyle, Carolyn Peck, Brooke Weisbrod

#1 Texas vs #4 Gonzaga, 10 p.m. ESPN

Saturday, March 30
#2 UCLA vs #3 LSU, 1 p.m. ABC
Ryan Ruocco, Rebecca Lobo, Holly Rowe

#1 Iowa vs #5 Colorado, 3:30 p.m. ABC

#1 USC vs #5 Baylor, 5:30 p.m. ESPN
Beth Mowins, Debbie Antonelli and Angel Gray

#3 UConn vs #7 Duke, 8 p.m. ESPN

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wow - Baylor's going to be one tired squad playing both the 5:30PM and the 8PM games back to back! ;)

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Wow - Baylor's going to be one tired squad playing both the 5:30PM and the 8PM games back to back! ;)
I went back to the article to see if I had done a poor copypasta, but no, it was the source that was sloppy, so phew!

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
My favorite team is R & R. I like Beth and Angel. Deb? Not so much. Dan Dakich is not a fan either. :D
[ can't find the segment]

Reaction Score
And is an expert on (waving hands around wildly) everything, and has suggestions to improve the game, blah blah blah.
I look forward to the day when there is the option to mute the announcers and still hear the sounds of the game, and she's an example of why, although not the only one. For now, it's just plain mute.

Reaction Score
Oh yay, my favorite (not) announcer on our game Saturday ...

Friday, March 29
#2 Notre Dame vs #3 Oregon State, 2:30 p.m. ESPN

#1 South Carolina vs #4 Indiana, 5 p.m. ESPN

#2 NC State vs #3 Stanford, 7:30 p.m. ESPN

#1 Texas vs #4 Gonzaga, 10 p.m. ESPN

Saturday, March 30
#2 UCLA vs #3 LSU, 1 p.m. ABC

#1 Iowa vs #5 Colorado, 3:30 p.m. ABC

#1 USC vs #5 Baylor, 5:30 p.m. ESPN

#3 UConn vs #7 Duke, 8 p.m. ESPN
It is my opinion that most times when this announcer calls UConn’s games, she doesn’t seem enthusiastic about its players. And when she does, it seems and sounds almost forced. However, I’ve noticed her overly enthusiastic disposition and excitement, when she does other games. So I’m hoping that UConn’s players will get a little bit more love from her this weekend. Go Huskies! Go UConn!

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
And she is usually an ACC homer.
Probably, but it is also perception, knowing that this is the conference she knows best, follows the most and played in.

There were some RU fans (this is over 13 years ago when we were in NJ) who thought Rebecca was a UConn homer, which I never really saw. There are some who think Joan Bonvicini that did Arizona at times on the PAC network was a homer because she is close to Adia and a former coach here. Others see a Big 12 bias in Brenda VanLengen and absolutely a Texas bias in Andrea Lloyd (that's the only one I really see, admitting that I don't get the PAC network and can't speak on Bonvicini).

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Probably, but it is also perception, knowing that this is the conference she knows best, follows the most and played in.

There were some RU fans (this is over 13 years ago when we were in NJ) who thought Rebecca was a UConn homer, which I never really saw. There are some who think Joan Bonvicini that did Arizona at times on the PAC network was a homer because she is close to Adia and a former coach here. Others see a Big 12 bias in Brenda VanLengen and absolutely a Texas bias in Andrea Lloyd (that's the only one I really see, admitting that I don't get the PAC network and can't speak on Bonvicini).
I would consider Rebecca a homer but only because she is so intimately familiar with the entire UConn WBB program. When it comes to being an analyst, she knows the pertinent facts about both teams and treats both teams as equals.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom