Sweet Sixteen 3/24 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Sweet Sixteen 3/24

Reaction Score
3rd foul on Taze Moore with 9 minutes left in 1st. Could be big in a game they've been in control of.

Reaction Score
I want to see Jackson do what Shannon just did next season, 10x a game. Blow by the defender and yam it

I'm pretty confident that if Andre was lucky enough to be guarded by Bates Jones he could manage it.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Yet they beat the #1 overall seed tonight despite not getting to the bonus until under 2 minutes left in the game. They are very well coach in other facets, and his teams are mentally tough as hell.

They led the nation in free throw attempts per game this year. They go fishing for fouls.

Reaction Score
I want to see Jackson do what Shannon just did next season, 10x a game. Blow by the defender and yam it
He still doesn't know how. Most of the board talking about he needs to get a shot, his shot is fine...the leap for him will be him figuring out how to finish his drives instead of always kicking it out.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
They led the nation in free throw attempts per game this year. They go fishing for fouls.
They definitely do. My was just that they are good beyond that as well and won the game tonight despite not getting to the line much.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
They definitely do. My was just that they are good beyond that as well and won the game tonight despite not getting to the line much.

They are a good team, but in a close game, I don't like styles that are dependent on officiating. Bob Huggins is another coach that is dependent on officiating. He is one of the best coaches in college basketball history, and has had some great teams over the years, yet he has only been to two Final Fours. It just takes one ref that doesn't like the way a team plays to knock them out.

Reaction Score
Get a grip. Last year’s team was outstanding. They ran into a Baylor team that was just as good. As in 1999 it was clear to me two teams were better than anybody else. If you didn’t have them in the final in your bracket you were a moron.

This year? They were not a top 5 team. Got waxed early on in out of conference. A vastly inflated view of their conference opponents is the only thing that lead to them being the #1 seed. I definitely didn’t have them in the final this year. I’m not knocking the program, they win. But this team was overrated all year long.
What do I need to get a grip on, Mrs. McCracke? You need to follow along better before posting rants. Who is discussing 1999? All I said was we shouldn't be be blasting a team for losing when they have one of the best records in the NCAA tournament the past 8 years... but some of our homers want to make fun of them for losing, yet we can't even win a game. No need to make fun of them, but I'm happy you feel better. There are no clear cut favorites this year and higher ranked teams lose every tournament. But go on...

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Peak Carlton. He commits an idiotic foul, then gets a great putback, then has a good post up move. He is due for a turnover standing by himself under the basket. The second foul wasn't Carlton's fault, but he got the dumb first foul so now he is on the bench.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Seems like Houston brought some fans to the game today. Kind of surprising since ny memory of us playing at their empty arena .....

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Seems like Houston brought some fans to the game today. Kind of surprising since ny memory of us playing at their empty arena .....
It’s a big school and has been consistently good for some time now. The fans took notice.

Reaction Score
Seems funny that Carlton is in the sweet 16 and Hurley is not.
I don't understand takes like this. It was in everyone's best interest for him to move on. He was clearly good enough to start and he wasn't going to get that with Sanogo

Reaction Score
Hurley should non-stop study Villanova and Houston before the start of next season. So consistent and composed in big spots

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I don't understand takes like this. It was in everyone's best interest for him to move on. He was clearly good enough to start and he wasn't going to get that with Sanogo

Or we could have played bigger lineups. I checked, and the Celtics won a bunch of NBA championships with Parish and McHale starting.

Reaction Score
Want to build a system and culture? Those are two programs to model it after

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom