Sweet Sixteen 3/24 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Sweet Sixteen 3/24

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Rooting against: Duke, UNC, UCLA, Nova, Kansas. The teams that have a chance to win the whole thing that are acceptable: Arkansas, Tech, Purdue, Arizona, Houston, and Providence. Really need Duke to go down tonight.

Reaction Score
I just heard his name but I missed the context. They have some sort of group chat or something?
Yeah just Kenny and a bunch of NYC guys all texting about Holloway. Someone named Dane he also mentioned

Reaction Score
The Kimani shout-out got me thinking, does he get a look to replace Holloway when he leaves for Seton Hall?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
A strong gust of wind will blow Chet over right now. I just don't see how he's going to compete against the full grown men in the NBA. I see comparisons to Durant, but even Durant didn't have this build.
check out the colors on his arms below the elbow -he's been getting whacked, hard, on them since day one. after a while, all that whacking leaves a broad pinkish/greyish tone. he should get some kevlar sleeve things.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Some thin spreads in the late games. Vegas is predicting close ones.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
And there’s a large contingent that think Hurley is a better coach than Musselman.

I’m glad UConn has Hurley and he’ll be here for at least a few more years but Musselman is a better coach with better pedigree and better track record
I really like Dan Hurley and am glad to have him, ut Musselman has now been to the Elite 8 three times with 2 different teams. He is a great coach, best in the SEC, by far.

Reaction Score
Kenny has shouted out kimani several times, including after the win over Nova. Something there.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I really like Dan Hurley and am glad to have him, ut Musselman has now been to the Elite 8 three times with 2 different teams. He is a great coach, best in the SEC, by far.

Musselman really depends on the officiating because his teams go fishing for fouls on every possession.

Reaction Score
Villanova was brutal tonight and they still advanced to the Final 8. That is what winning basketball looks like, grinding out wins against good teams even when you play like hot garbage.
Yeah it's almost like you have a mathematical advantage when you play 5 shooters and take half your shots from 3 as opposed to 34% like us (or 32% like Michigan on the season, 30% tonight) while still being able to defend all 3 levels.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This Gonzaga team was not close to being as talented as last year’s. Overrated all year long. Props to Arkansas. This thing is wide open as we all expected.

Nova taking care of business. Now to flip between Soccer and the second slate of games.

Reaction Score
Great win tonight, Gonzaga. Better?
Not sure what you're getting at. I'm not the one coming up with Twitter posts trying to knock Gonzaga in the tournament when they've won lots of games recently, 22 to our 1 win the past 8 years. Arkansas won. They played better down the stretch. Does this make you feel better about UConn?

Reaction Score
Gonzaga got hosed on a few calls like Holmgren’s fifth
Didn’t have a dog in the game but the officiating in this tournament has been outrageously bad.

Gonzaga couldn’t make shots they usually made but in the last 5 minutes alone the refs missed an obvious trip by Arkansas, an obvious step out of bounds not called leading to an Arkansas 3 and terrible call against Holmgren. This crew should never ref again.

Arkansas reminded me of the old Georgetown teams that hacked so much the refs just didn’t or couldn’t call all the fouls.

Reaction Score
Kenny has shouted out kimani several times, including after the win over Nova. Something there.

Kenny Smith's brother Vince is a well known coach in Queens & definitely tight with that whole network. Includes Shaheen Holloway, Kimani Young, AAU and HS. That's the connection. Who else is from Queens? Taliek Brown

Reaction Score
This Gonzaga team was not close to being as talented as last year’s.

I thought their guards, Nembhard in particular, were brutal tonight. Plenty of wide open looks and plays at the rim and everything seemed short like they were tight or something. Also doesn't help, I suppose, that 3 of Holmgren's fouls were pretty indefensible calls. But I'm not in the camp that thinks it'll be cool to see Gonzaga win the whole thing so I'm not mad about it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom